cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

NUC10i3FNH IR Issue - XBOX Home IR signal triggers power off

Hi

Just upgraded to this new NUC10i3FNH and i found one problem with the IR on the new NUC.

I'm using Logitech Harmony Hub to control all my devices including the NUC.

This works fine except when i trigger the IR signal for "XBOX Home" for the XBOX , the NUC thinks this is a "power off" signal and puts the NUC in sleep.

Have talked with Logitech support and there is nothing they can do, if NUC picks up this IR signal it must be some issue for the NUC.

I have tried the all the 3 different options for "CIR Remote Controller Type" in BIOS, but same result.

Have the latest 0039 bios and CIR driver version.

I'll attach the log from "Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) "

Thanks

/Jonas

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Highlighted

Hello Blomman00

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this behavior further, could you please confirm the following information?

1- How many Intel® NUCs do you have that are affected by this issue?

2- Is this the device you are using to control all other devices >> Logitech Harmony Hub*? If it is not, please kindly provide a link as a reference.

3- Did this configuration work fine before?

4- Please provide details or pictures of the options you have tried for  "CIR Remote Controller Type" in BIOS?

4- Xbox Model:

5- Is the CIR driver version that you are running Version: 5.4.4.0?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hello

Thanks for your input!

Answers:

1) 1 NUC

2) Yes thats the hub

3) I had no problems with my old NUC6i5SYH

4) I tried all 3 options ( Generic, RC6 and XBOX), now using the default Generic

IMG_0142.jpg4) XBOX Model = XBOX One X

5) Yes 5.4.4.0

Also noticed today the directions keys is picked up by the NUC when using the remote for XBOX.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Blomman00

Thank you for your response and the details provided.

Please allow us to look into this behavior and we will be updating the thread as soon as more information is available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Blomman00,

The IR sensor on the front panel of the unit is designed to comply with Microsoft Consumer Infrared usage models or RC-6 which is of course based on the Microsoft CIR specifications and the XBOX* uses the same type of IR signaling so it is very possible that both devices pick up the same signal.

The best option is what you are already describing: get into BIOS and set up "Generic Remote Controller" and program the Harmony* remote control to work with the NUC. I can't think of any other option.

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi

Already using the "Generic Remote Controller" but this also picks up xbox remote signals so i'm not sure what you suggesting.

As i already mentioned my old NUC6i5SYH did not have this problem so it's a new NUC10 feature to listen for xbox signals.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Blomman00,

I'll get this tested in the next few days.  I'll let you know my results and what the next steps are.

Regards,

Ken

Intel Customer Support

Highlighted

Hi Blomman00,

We have tested the same scenario but we couldn't recreate the problem.

We set up a Logitech* remote control to work with both the NUC and an XBox*. Turning on the XBox did not cause the NUC to turn on.

Can you please review in BIOS that perhaps the TV isn't waking up the NUC? Go to Advanced->Onboard Devices in the BIOS and make sure Wake On TV is disabled. It's possible that the XBox is waking the TV and that then causes the NUC to wake.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hello,

If you read my first post and title i never said xbox guide will turn on the NUC.

The problem is the opposite, xbox guide signal put the NUC in sleep.

/Jonas

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello Blomman00

Thank you very much for your clarification. Please allow us to double-check this and we will be updating the thread as soon as we have more information available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

This one is a difficult one for me to duplicate due to the lack of 3rd party devices.

I am going to run this by the product team but I cannot promise any fix/workaround at this time.

Can you please confirm that you are running latest BIOS version 0045 for NUC10i3FNH https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29829/BIOS-Update-FNCML357-?product=195506 as well latest CIR driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29222/ITE-Tech-Consumer-Infrared-CIR-Driver-for-Windows-10.... I would recommend running IDSA and make sure all drivers and FW are updated.

I would also recommend that your Windows 10 is updated to version 2004.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi

Can confirm i have the latest drivers, bios 0045 and windows 2004

Here is a shaky video when trigging this :

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArFIq3Cef_UkgsA5Ub9pXS_xPJixCA

Thanks for your effort, in 1 month i have a new xbox, maybe it will work better

/Jonas

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Blomman00

Thanks for the information, let me work this out internally and see if we can replicate/investigate, I dont have an Xbox* or the Logitech Harmony Hub* available for issue duplication.

I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Blomman00

I ran this issue by the Product Team and after some research, we concluded that what you are seeing is the expected behavior for the Logitech Harmony Hub if the NUC and XBOX* are connected to the same TV. See statement (underlined in RED) below from Harmony* smart control user guide page 11.

HarmonyHub.jpg

Unfortunately, there isn't anything else we can recommend to change this behavior.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi,

I don't see what your underlined statement has to do with the fact the NUC is shutting down it self on a "XBOX home" infrared signal, also your previous NUC 6 version did not have this problem.

XBOX Home shows the XBOX menu, it's not shutting down anything.

I guess you are not interested to find a solution, which is fine and helps me buying other brands in the future.

/Jonas

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Blomman00

It feels bad that you think that I am not interested in finding a solution for you, I have tried to replicate this issue, I contacted other peers that could have equivalent 3rd party hardware to provide assistance (I mentioned before that this is very difficult to replicate since you are using specific devices that are not Intel branded: Logitech Harmony Hub* and the XBOX*) and as you can see from my previous note, I even checked XBOX and Harmony Hub documentation and I did this after checking all related Intel documentation. This is my job and I enjoy it and please accept my apologies if I gave you the impression that we were not interested in resolving your issue, this is really not the case.

The user guide is not going to call out the XBOX or the NUC so I have to interpret its functionality based on the devices that you are trying to manage, see below in parenthesis they way I understand how the Harmony Hub works in this case:

...if you switch from watching cable TV to watching a DVD (XBOX), the Harmony Smart Control knows that it doesn’t need to power the TV off and back on, it just leaves the TV turned on; and it knows that it does need to power off the cable box (NUC) and power on the DVD player (XBOX)"

I may be wrong with my interpretation so I would recommend that you check with Logitech (you already did, I don't know if they explained this back to you) but I believe this could be if not the issue, at least part of it.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to configure the NUC to behave differently and I would encourage other community members to share any workaround that you may have found. 

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi

As i showed you in the video the NUC output was active so the problem has nothing todo with  switching sources, it's the NUC that interpreter the xbox home command as a sleep command.

Logitech can not do anything about that.

There is no idea to continue with this, i accept you can not do anything, maybe the new generation of xbox uses new infrared signals.

Thanks

/Jonas

0 Kudos