Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12540 Discussions

NUC10i7FNB FrostCanyon Driver issues

Russell666
Beginner

Recently updated the BIOS and drivers on my NUC10i7FNB and now getting issues. PC crashes and fan running continually. Had this issue before and should not have updated the drivers - cannot remember how it was resolved. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

My NUC10i7FNH (same board as yours) running W10 Pro, with updated drivers and bios, is working fine.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

Russell666
Beginner

Running Driver booster and it shows several drivers are out of date. Intel's Support Assistant shows them all up to date...

AlHill
Super User

Please do yourself a favor and NOT use 3rd party driver sites like driver booster.   You never know what information from your machine they are uploading (and to what country it is going), and you never know what payload is in the packages they are downloading.

If youwant to believe Driver Booster, you are on your own....

I know you will not like it, but reset or reinstall windows.   Also, do not use an anti-virus other than Windows Defender, at least until you get a stable running NUC.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

Russell666
Beginner

Will try that - just creating a recovery drive

DeividA_Intel

Hello Russell666,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your Intel® NUC 10 Performance kit - NUC10i7FNH.

Before we continue, let me know if you were able to perform the advice from 

AlHill. Let me know if the issue persists.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

DeividA_Intel

Hello Russell666,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

DeividA_Intel

Hello Russell666,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.