Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

NUC10i7FNH 3.5 jack not working

Jump to solution

Hello, I'm new here. I just got my NUC10i7FNH and I am setting it up. My old computer is 11+ years old so I am really excited to get this working.  Here's the breakdown: 

NUC10i7FNH, Samsung 960 EVO 500G SSD (boot), Samsung 860 EVO 1Tb SSD, 32G (2x16g) DDR4 2666 RAM, Win 10 PRO

I flashed the BIOS to the latest and greatest (0046) , Downloaded and installed the latest drivers. Ran the sys utility check and the report is normal. However, the 3.5 jack is not recognizing anything is plugged in.  Suggestions?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User
Highlighted

Yes I did, but it keeps going back to the intel driver.  To give you the exact picture of what I am trying to do:

I am trying to hook up my home theater system using HDMI video through the HDMI port and the sound through the speaker port going into the receiver for 5.1 surround sound.  The sound does play through the HDMI port through the TV speakers, but the headphone jack does not recognize that a phono jack is plugged in.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. Right click on the speaker icon on the Taskbar.

2. Click 'Sounds".

3. On the "Playback" tab, select the device connected to the audio port as the default playback device.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Leon is correct; if you do not specify that this device is the default sound output, it will continue to dynamically change (back) to the HDMI/DP port.

That said, if the RealTek driver is never recognizing that there is something plugged in, then this is moot. This generates the secondary question: Are you sure that the pinout of the cable that you are plugging into the audio jack is correct?

While I am at it, I wonder why you are using such an odd (and, IMHO, incorrect) connection methodology. The normal way to do this is to connect the PC to the Receiver and the Receiver to the TV. Then you use the Receiver to decide what input (PC or otherwise) that you want to route through to the TV. Only using this methodology will you ever get anything other than stereo.

...S

Highlighted

Ok Folks,

I called the Windows support team and they were useless. I got it working and then it wouldn't again!

I dug deep into my past and pulled out and dusted off some of my old skills. I went to the device mgr and deleted the sound controllers and devices, then went to "regedit" and deleted the MS HDaudio driver and the reinstalled the Realtek drivers. Rebooted and everything was happy. 

Then at 12:51 this afternoon it wasn't working again. WTF? It switched back to the MS HDaudio drivers. Grrrrr!  The Windows Update ran and made the switch.  I ended up going into "gpedit" and configuring Windows update to notify me before downloading and installing updates and disabling driver updates. Now all is good.

As to why I have my receiver hooked up the way I do:

My receiver is old like me. It has HDMI video in, but no HDMI audio inputs. Hence, I have a patch cord from 3.5mm out to phono in.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Walkngstick

0 Kudos