Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11323 Discussions

NUC10i7FNH 3.5 lost sound

Nick10
Novice

I have the exact same issue as here -  Intel NUC10 - Headphone Output not Working - Intel Community

Received a brand new NUC10i7FNH today. Sound works after fresh Windows install. Update drivers and firmware and now i have lost audio from the front jack. I reverted back to firmware 0046 and did a fresh install of Windows 10 but still no sound.

I cant get Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED to start as it has the following error;

This device cannot start. (Code 10)
FW did not sent FW Ready notification

When the audio is enabled in the BIOS it causes my NUC to get stuck at the Intel NUC screen for a while during boot. If i disable the audio in the BIOS it boots fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Nick10

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are currently investigating this behavior.

In the meantime, just to make sure, could you please confirm if you have already tried all the recommendations provided in the other thread? (cold reboot, BIOS Recovery by the Security Jumper, BIOS defaults, reinstalling the latest Realtek* High Definition Audio driver, etc.?).

Also, do you know if the issue happened after updating the BIOS? or after updating Windows® or drivers? If yes, could you please provide details or version numbers of the update that triggered the issue?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Nick10
Novice

Hi @AndrewG_Intel 

I havent done the BIOS Recovery by the Security Jumper, where do i download the Recovery BIOS file?

I have reset the BIOS defaults but that didn't help.

I have the audio disabled in the BIOS due to boot hanging when enabled. I just enabled it and reinstalled the latest Realtek* High Definition Audio driver version twice but the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant still says it needs updating.

I have just updated to the firmware 0047 but it didn't fix the issue.

The Intel(R) Smart Sounds Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED still cannot start.

I installed Windows, installed all Windows updates. My NUC black screened but i had a curser during the Windows updates. I had popped away briefly so didn't see what was being installed.  I hard reset the NUC and Windows loaded fine and i had sound. I then installed all the latest drivers and firmware from the Intel website. I noticed the sound first and then the hanging at boot. I then reinstalled Windows but this didn't fix the issue. Windows is currently fully patched.

Thanks,

Nick

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee
Nick10
Novice

I downloaded the file and copied to USB pen in the suggested directories. I shutdown my NUC and removed the jumper. NUC doesn't power on. Wait 5 mins and nothing. Yellow light on the mobo but no power or HDD lights. Put jumper back on and and my NUC no longer powers on. It's completely dead.

Nick10
Novice
There were no devices or power connected to the NUC when I originally removed the jumper.

I have removed HDD and memory but still no boot.

Should I just RMA it?
Nick10
Novice
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Nick10

Thank you for your response.

We are sorry to know that the issue persisted and the Intel® NUC does not power on.

We were about to recommend replacing the Intel® NUC but we just noticed that you have already replaced the Intel® NUC.

In this case, we will proceed to close this inquiry now but if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician