Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11300 Discussions

NUC10i7FNH BIOS Flash Update running since 17 hours and not finished.

MarcusM
Beginner

Yesterday i started the newest BIOS Flash Update via "Express-BIOS-Update" for Windows.

Restart of the PC and BIOS is downloading and flashing since 17hours now.

It´s still running and the process bar is increasing via hours.

What the hell is going on here ?

Currently the ME FW update is loading the ME Firmware (20% now)

What FW parts will follow ? How many hours do i have to wait ?

BIOS-Update [FNCML357]

Version: 0047 (News) Datum: 18.11.2020
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @MarcusM 

Something went wrong with the BIOS update. It should finish the update within few minutes (3-5). Yesterday, I my self updated BIOS to version 0047.  To test this update, I've used F7 method and then again (just for test), I've updated BIOS using BIOS recovery method from the Power Button Menu. Is it up to you to decide if stop this unsuccessful update. It is on your own risk (however I would do this in my computer). In case that your computer will be bricked, it is still covered by three years of warranty. In case that you decide to do this, please follow this procedure:

1. Continuously press  on Power Button and release it when NUC powers down. Disconnect the Power Adapter.
2. Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 (disable quick format option during format). Format your USB on Windows machine (rather than Linux or MAC).

3. Download FNCML357.0047.RECOVERY.zip and extract the FNCML357.cap file from this archive. Copy the FNCML357.cap to the root of the previously prepared USB stick. Insert this USB stick into rear USB port on your NUC. Reconnect the Power Adapter.

4. Press and hold Power Button for about 3 seconds. Count 1001, 1002, 1003. Release the Power Button. NUC should reboot into Power Button Menu (this will take about 60 seconds). You should release the Power Button before 4-sec shut down override or when the Power Button LED changes color from blue to amber

5. Press F4 and the recovery shall start (it can take up to 30 seconds for messages to appear on the screen). When the recovery finishes, press on Power Button and hold it, until NUC switches OFF. Pull out the power cord. Remove the USB stick. 

6. Replace the power cord and press Power Button to switch the computer to ON. Let the NUC fully reboot.

Hope this will help

Leon

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @MarcusM 

So, what are the results? Any news?

Leon

MarcusM
Beginner

Hello Leon,

i tried to wait for nearly 30hours, and the BIOS Update finished with no problems.
never saw something like that before.
thank you for your help, but i was unsure to cancel the running BIOS Update.
i thought: let´s wait and see what will happen.

Best regards

Marcus

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello Marcus,

Great, Im very glad from the happy end. I admire your persistence and patience.

Regards

Leon