Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC10i7FNH Boot Problem and unable to Install OS

Jump to solution

HI all,

I have an Intel NUC10i7FNH and until now is am unable to install Windows 10 64-bit with no luck.

The OS doesn't see the Hard drives install on the NUC and i have tried both

WD 1T M.2 NVMe SSD 

Crcuial 2.5 SATA SSD

And both are not detectable by the Windows Installer

Also from the BIOS is can see the Hard drives in the ADVANCED > STORAGE however i am unable to see them in the BOOT screen.

I have upgraded to the latest BIOS 0039 still withno luck.

Did anyone face this problem and is there any tweak on the BIOS that i need to do in order to make it work

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User

1. Until you have not installed Windows on the SSD, this SSD will not appear in the Boot Menu. Follow my instructions to install Windows on the NVMe SSD:

2. Please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB – 32GB USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. This will install version 2004. Do not use the Installation Media you have bought.

3. Your bios should be set to default settings. Enter bios (press F2 during boot) and then press F9 (Y) to set defaults and F10 (Y) to save settings and exit.

4. With the installation media inserted into rear USB slot, power ON your NUC and repeatably press F10 to get Boot Menu.

5. In this menu, choose UEFI option of you Installation media. 

6. Follow this tutorial to continue with installation.

7. In para. 8 you may enter Product Key from the Microsoft Distribution you bought .

8. Skip on para. 13 and continue in para. 14. Important, do not format drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.

9. Press Next and continue with the installation.

Leon

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor I

try this:

-plug in an usb pen

-reboot / power on NUC

-press F10 and you should see USB and SATA

-got to BIOS with F2 and check boot order and should see USB an SATA and do your prefered order

-save and exit BIOS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

1. Until you have not installed Windows on the SSD, this SSD will not appear in the Boot Menu. Follow my instructions to install Windows on the NVMe SSD:

2. Please prepare your installation media (you need 8GB – 32GB USB stick), using Microsoft Media Creation Tool. This will install version 2004. Do not use the Installation Media you have bought.

3. Your bios should be set to default settings. Enter bios (press F2 during boot) and then press F9 (Y) to set defaults and F10 (Y) to save settings and exit.

4. With the installation media inserted into rear USB slot, power ON your NUC and repeatably press F10 to get Boot Menu.

5. In this menu, choose UEFI option of you Installation media. 

6. Follow this tutorial to continue with installation.

7. In para. 8 you may enter Product Key from the Microsoft Distribution you bought .

8. Skip on para. 13 and continue in para. 14. Important, do not format drive where you want to install Windows, rather delete all existing partitions from this drive, till you see one unallocated space.

9. Press Next and continue with the installation.

Leon

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner
Thanks so much @LeonWaksman for your help and support.

I followed your instructions and was able to install the OS successfully
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

You are welcome!

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have a similar problem with the same unit, WD 500Gb Nvme will detect in bios, but the windows 10 (2004 build) cannot see the drive (or the USB for that matter). I have disabled legacy boot, and made sure that it is uefi only. I have tried factory defaults, and tried the guide detailed above, but no success. 

EDIT: I found the issue, make sure you use a USB2 thumb drive when installing the OS!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos