Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11290 Discussions

NUC10i7FNH: Is there a way to have it return to the last power state after a power failure?

VRe00
Beginner

I have a NUC10i7FNH version K61081-306, and I'm trying to configure it so that it automatically restarts after a power failure. 

I remember some of the older NUC devices I've worked with have had a BIOS setting that las a "Last Power State" option...if the system was off, it stays off - if it was on and power is cut, it comes back on automatically. I can't find an option like this on the NUC10i7FNH.  

I need to use the NUC in an unattended location, so if it stays off after a brief power failure, it's not much use to me. For now, I have the device on a UPS to handle brief outages, but that's not going to work long term. 

Anything I've missed?

Assuming this isn't possible, is there a simple hack to the power button I can use to automatically turn the system on whenever power is applied?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Enter BIOS settings by pressing on F2 when you see the Intel NUC logo during boot.

2. Click on Power > Secondary Power Settings > After Power Failure, set to Last State

3. Click on F10 to save the settings and exit to Windows.

Leon

VRe00
Beginner

Thank you so much - I must have been having a senior moment...I did search for exactly what you say, but I must not have scrolled far enough down the list of options to see it.