cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC10i7FNH + USB-C video not working

Hi,

I'm unable to get any video out of USB-C port of my NUC10i7FNH. I have 5x of the same NUC's that are all behaving the same.

I'm running the latest 0039 BIOS, latest grapchics drivers (26.20.100.7985) and the latest 66 Thunderbolt3 driver. I have two cables that I've tested working on other USB-C output sources, one for USB-C to HDMI and one for USB-C to DP.

I've tested bios video setting for both auto and 2nd output as thunderbolt and I see no errors in device manager but I just can't get any life out of the ports.

I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC (Equivalent to Windows 10 1809). SSU report also added as attachment.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

1. Your BIOS is set to Legacy mode. The normal mode of BIOS in NUC and Windows 10 is UEFI mode.
  2. The latest Graphics Driver for your NUC is Version: 26.20.100.8141. Install this driver over Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver (uninstall the 7985 driver first).
  3. You have old Windows version (1809), however since this is a Enterprise LTSC version and I don't know if you can update it.
  4. I suggest that you should install Windows in with UEFI boot enabled (Bios set to default settings). You may enable the UEFI boot and convert your drive from MBR to GPT, using MBR2GPT tool.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi LWAKSMAN!

1. I disabled USB Legacy support from BIOS. My installation was already partitioned as GPT so Windows is now UEFI mode. This did not effect the issue.
  2. Updated to the drivers you provided. This did not effect the issue.
  3. Unfortunately this is what it is, this is the latest version available for the Long-Term Servicing Channel.

What I did notice that now sometimes when I reboot the NUC with the USB-C cable attached I get a yellow error in device manager for the Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller. 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).'

I wasn't able to find any USB drivers from my NUC download site, so that I could try to update the current drivers or reinstall. If I uninstalled this device and scanned new hardware the error would be gone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

I suggest you to follow this post with similar problem.

Leon

0 Kudos