Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12546 Discussions

[NUC10i7FNHN] Expanding Storage with 8TB SATA3 2.5" SSD

unseenbanana
Beginner

I have a NUC10i7FNHN

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/214598/intel-nuc-10-performance-kit-nuc10i7fnhn...

I already have a 4TB NVMe installed and am trying to expand the storage. There is no additional NVMe slot, however there is a 2.5" SATA3 slot.

I was looking at purchasing this 8TB 2.5" SSD

https://geizhals.de/samsung-ssd-870-qvo-8tb-mz-77q8t0bw-a2307522.html

Are there any compatibility issues I should be aware of? Can the board even support 8TB?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello unseenbanana,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you have an inquiry related to the Intel® NUC 10 Performance kit - NUC10i7FNHN.

I would like to let you know the Samsung SSD 870 QVO 8TB, SATA does not on the compatibility list for your NUC. This means that the SSD may not work properly on your NUC.

You can check the list here:

However, I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

DeividA_Intel

Hello unseenbanana, 

Thanks for your patience. Based on the investigation I would like to let you know that there is no size limitation, you case both the NVMe and the SSD.

As a friendly reminder, we do not advise using divers that are not listed as compatible with the desired NUC, since those may or may not work.

You can check the list here:

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

DeividA_Intel

Hello unseenbanana,  

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

DeividA_Intel

Hello unseenbanana,  

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.