Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KTse01
Beginner

NUC10i7FNK and Apple 27 inch Display not working

Wondering if this issue ever got resolved. I was making the assumption that the Apple 27 inch display with Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 converter would work when connected to the Thunderbolt 3 port on NUC10i7FNK. When plugged in, I keep on hearing a system beep which indicates that the system is trying to install a driver but monitor does not work. System has the most up to date drivers and Win10 updates.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianM_Intel

Hello KTse01,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

Please run the following tool and attach the report generated. 

• Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 
  • Intel® SSU Download link 
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

It's worth mentioning that Intel does not recommend the use of any kind of adapters. This is because we cannot test all of them, so we cannot guarantee that these are going to work. The best solution is doing a direct connection with a single cable that has the same connection type on both ends.

Have you tested different monitors/TV? (Straight connected) please let us know the result with different TV's/monitors straight connected.

Using Video Cable Adapters, Splitters and/or Docking Stations in Computers not Manufactured by Intel

Best regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

KTse01
Beginner

Please see attached SSU Detailed file. Thanks!

AdrianM_Intel

Hello KTse01,

Thank you for your response.

Were you able to test straight connections without adapters? or a different monitor connected with a single cable that has the same connection type on both ends?

Regards,

Adrian M.

A Contingent Worker at Intel

KTse01
Beginner

Yes. I can use HDMI and USB-3C cable to LG 43" monitor directly to NUC10i7FNH and it works fine. However, I am unable to use Apple 27" display (Thunderbolt 2 with Thunderbolt 3 adapter) to NUC10i7FNH. I get a system sound when I plug the Apple Display into the Thunderbolt 3 port but it does come up. Seems like the system is trying to bring up monitor. System sound goes away after I unplug Apple monitor.

AdrianM_Intel

Hello KTse01,

Thank you for your response.

Based on the fact that the Intel® NUC 10 Performance kit - NUC10i7FNK works fine with different monitors, this could be related to handshake/compatibility issues with that monitor especially because there is an adapter in the middle, the Intel® NUC works properly with different monitors so that means it's not an issue with it or the drivers.

You may also try a different adapter/cables but our recommendation is to perform straight connections.

Our recommendation is to contact Apple Support* and check with them the compatible adapters/system tested with their monitors.

You might check some compatible and tested hardware for this model.

Regards,

Adrian M.

A Contingent Worker at Intel