Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12546 Discussions

NUC11BTMi7 Extreme - Raid 1 volume not visible

DeVon
Beginner

64GB Crucial RAM, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 2 - 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, Windows 11 Pro

I have the 2 - 500GB drives setup as a volume 1 RAID 1 array.  The volume shows up in Device Manager and in the BIOS as running normal.  However I can't see the volume as a drive in file manager.  The 1TB drive is my boot drive installed in the baseboard position.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Has this array been initialized? First, run the RST application and ensure that the array has been initialized there. Next, run the Disk Management applet and make sure that the array is initialized there. If not, do so and then create and format partitions on the array.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Has this array been initialized? First, run the RST application and ensure that the array has been initialized there. Next, run the Disk Management applet and make sure that the array is initialized there. If not, do so and then create and format partitions on the array.

Hope this helps,

...S

DeVon
Beginner

Scott,

Thanks for the fast response and guidance.  My RAID 1 volume is now working perfectly.  I have built several boxes with RAID 0 arrays to get maximum performance out of spinners.  But with the excellent performance of the M.2 SSD's (Samsung 980 Pro - up to 7000 Mbps) there isn't any need for more speed for what I am doing.

-DeVon