Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12525 Discussions

NUC11PAHi5 BIOS issue

tstob1
Novice

Ever since I updated to BIOS 0042 nothing but problems. 

I noticed that the BIOS has been pulled also. 

I have set the PC to never sleep, if I go away for a couple hours the monitor is black and PC is offline. I can not see it remotely. 

should I be seeing Device Firmware multiple times in Device Manager?

Also, the NUC Software Studio Service installs but doesn't show up in the Apps list or in the tray. only way to uninstall is run the install. I have removed and installed twice and nothing. 

2022-03-22_204218_cr.jpg

0 Kudos
12 Replies
tstob1
Novice

Basically, it just freezes after a while. goes offline also. only way to get Windows back is to hold the power button in and hard reboot. 

Steven_Intel

Hello tstob1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps performed. Please try a BIOS Recovery, following the BIOS Recovery by Power Button Menu method in this article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000033291/intel-nuc.html

You can download the BIOS version here: (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19694/bios-update-patgl357.html). Please make sure to download the recovery file.

Please let me know if the issue persists after performing the recovery.

Regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

tstob1
Novice

I was just thinking, even *if* I can get at those NUCs, I would be installing BIOS 0042 over 0043? I didn't think this was possible due to security updates? 

tstob1
Novice

I am out of the state now and will not have direct access to the NUC. 

Is this normal to see multiple device firmware listed like this? I was hoping someone could confirm. 

I actually installed 2 for friends and both and having many issues with boot and freezing. 

I figured it was safe to put he latest BIOS since is was dated several months ago.

Hoping Intel releases a new one soon. 

Thank you

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No, once you install BIOS 43, you cannot downgrade. You will need to wait for Intel to deliver a BIOS 44 that you can install over BIOS 43.

I know that they are working feverishly to get this fixed. It will still take a few days for them to reproduce, analyze, fix and validate a replacement BIOS. Until then, we wait...

...S

tstob1
Novice

Right.  they are telling me to download BIOS 0042 and install with the recovery process. 

waiting on BIOS 0044, hope soon. 

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee
Release Notes says you cannot downgrade to 42. Not sure why ICS rep. suggested to try.
...S
tstob1
Novice

Can anyone please tell me if my screenshot of multiple Device Firmware is normal? 

Steven_Intel

Hello tstob1,

It seems I placed the incorrect link, my apologies. I was suggesting a BIOS Recovery of the latest version 0043, however, it is true that we are working on BIOS version 0044. There is no release date yet.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

tstob1
Novice

Yes, we are waiting on version 0044, Thank you

Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

As for the moment, we will proceed to close this case. Please feel free to check the new BIOS version once available at our download center (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/)

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.