Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11994 Discussions

NUC11PHKi7C does not wake from hibernation at scheduled time

YTNK
Beginner

Hello,

I'm using a NUC11PHKi7C running Windows 10 Pro, and it goes in hibernate at 8:00 pm every night. In the morning, Windows task scheduler tries to wake the nuc to run a task at 8:00 am, but the nuc wakes at around 8:08 am. As a result, the task fails with the following message.

• Task Scheduler did not launch task "Wake" as it missed its schedule. Consider using the configuration option to start the task when available, if schedule is missed.

I'm wondering why it takes so long time to wake from hibernation. I understand that it takes a little time to wake from hibernation, but it takes roughly 1 minutes to wake from turned off state, so I feel 8 minutes is too long.

I understand that the task is started again if I enable the setting of "Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled task is missed", but I would like to start the task on time.

Does anyone know why the resume from hibernation is so late? Can I improve the situation?

Thanks,

ytnk

0 Kudos
35 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello YTNK,

The SSU reports two different driver versions, 27.20.100.9415 and 30.0.101.1660. This is a strange behavior of the program, so I want to suggest performing a clean installation for the Driver Version:" 30.0.101.1069:

1. Download the latest DCH drivers and save them on the computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/685037/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.htm...

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 

3. Uninstall the driver, the Intel Graphics Command Center, and the driver from Apps and Features. 

4. Restart the computer. 

5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters that the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 

6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Apps and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 

1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 

2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 

3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 

4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 

7. Install the DCH drivers downloaded in step 1 Restart the computer. 

Reconnect to the Internet. 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

YTNK
Beginner

Hello Jean,

When I uninstalled the driver and  'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' was listed to "Display adapters" (see DeviceManager.png), I run the SSU to check the status, but Intel R Graphics Driver Version:"27.20.100.9415" was still recorded although "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" was recorded as sub category. (see SSU_Result_Uninstalled.txt). After that, I installed the Driver Version:" 30.0.101.1069 and the result was the same (see SSU_Result3.txt). 

Please check the result and tell me what should I do next.

Thanks,

ytnk

Jean_Intel

Hello YTNK,

Thanks for your response. I am sorry to hear that the issue persists.

I will continue with the investigation of your issue. Once I have a response, I will contact you back.

Best regards, 

Jean O. 

Jean_Intel

Hello YTNK,

Thanks for your patience.

I want to clarify some information, so let me know if the system is showing a normal boot to POST; and if the issue is present when moving from POST to Windows.

Best regards, 

Jean O. 

itsme
Novice

There is a new BIOS version 0069 available. You may want to try this out.  I updated my system today  and now,  almost 7 hours  later, I have found no new problems or regressions so far.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19729/bios-update-phtgl579.html

Jean_Intel

Hello YTNK,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

YTNK
Beginner

Hello Jean,

I'm sorry for late reply. 

Now the nuc is at another office, so I'll ask my collegue to check the POST. Please wait the result.

On the other hand, I noticed one thing. It seems that the longer hibernation takes, the longer it takes to wake the nuc up.

• Hibernation: 5 minute -> Delay from scheduled time: 1 secound => Task scheduler: OK
  • Hibernation: 2 hours -> Delay from scheduled time: 1 minute => Task scheduler: OK
  • Hibernation: 4 hours -> Delay from scheduled time: 1 minute and 40 secound => Task scheduler: OK
  • Hibernation: 12 hours -> Delay from scheduled time: 8 minutes and 40 second => Task scheduler: NG

Does this help your investigation?

Thanks,

ytnk

Jean_Intel

Hello YTNK,

I appreciate your response. The information provided would be helpful.

I will be waiting for your response for confirmation regarding the POST behavior. Let me know if you face any inconvenience or if you will need more time.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Jean_Intel

Hello YTNK,

Were you able to confirm the information about the POST behavior?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

YTNK
Beginner

Hello Jean,

I'm sorry for late response.

I have already asked my colleague to check the POST, but I don't still get the result. Please wait for a while.

Thanks,

ytnk

Jean_Intel

Hello YTNK,

Thanks for reaching out to me.

No problem. I will be waiting for your response to confirm the information.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Jean_Intel

Hello YTNK,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Jean_Intel

Hello YTNK,

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

YTNK
Beginner

Hello Jean,

I'm sorry for late response.

I haven't gotten the response from my colleague yet. I'll ask again. Please wait for a while.

Thanks,

ytnk

YTNK
Beginner

Hello Jean,

I got a response from my colleague. He mentioned as followings.

I checked and made sure the selections were correct in the bios, but the POST message never shows up on startup. It only shows the skull with flashing eyes as I hit F2 on startup. 

Could you tell me how to show the POST message and what POST message is expected?

Thanks,

ytnk