Intel® NUCs
Assistance in Intel® NUC products
13298 Discussions

NUC11TNHi7 Freezes mid-run

SATSNKAMOTHO
Beginner

I'm running Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS on my brand new NUC but 1-2 hrs into running it as a validator on the Ethereum testnet, it freezes.  The only way to reboot it, is to hold the power button in for 10s and then to restart.

The screen is frozen where it stopped working. I have 64GB of Lexar SODIM DDR4 3200 RAM and a 2TB Crucial NVMe SSD installed.  While running, it never goes above 6GB RAM usage. Also the CPU is not labouring either.

Have done a MemTest86 for 12hrs (4 passes) and no issues found - 100% pass. 

What else can I try?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SATSNKAMOTHO
Beginner

The only error it shows on startup is a failure to activate swap /swapfile.  Seems it's trying to load "swapon" but it can't: No such file or directory. It states that having swapping is a dependency in the next line. 

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello SATSNKAMOTHO,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Since we are working on this same unit on the original thread (https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-NUCs/Bad-UBUNTU-SERVER-20-0-4-or-RAM/m-p/1408661#M93340), we will proceed to close this one.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
SATSNKAMOTHO
Beginner

Please do not close this ticket since this is the latest state of my problem with getting Ubuntu to run properly.  You referred to 20.04 LTS as being the only supported version of Ubuntu Server that Intel supports for the NUC11 and you were going to get more info on that. Please revert on this ticket when you have a moment.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos