Support for Intel® NUC products
12506 Discussions

NUC12 DO NOT SHUTDOWN NORMALY

lostmarine
Novice

I got UNC12DCM and install manjaro .

but when I type 

sudo shutdown now

The NUC12 shutdown first and restart after 2 seconds.

I try to turn off the "After Power Failure" and "Wake on LAN S4/S5" in BIOS , but it's not work. It happens on other linux distribution (ubuntu 22.04, kubuntu)

what should I do next?

13 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello lostmarine,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand you are having issues with your Intel® NUC 12 Extreme Kit - NUC12DCMi7.

I would like to let you that this NUC is not validated for Linux or Manjaro, just for Windows as you can see in the following link.

ARK: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/216964/intel-nuc-12-extreme-kit-nuc12dcmi7.html

In order to help you further, can you tell me if the issue occurs on Windows 10 or 11?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

DeividA_Intel

Hello lostmarine,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

lostmarine
Novice

I got your previous post.

I found my PCH temperature is too high(102-107), So I post my NUC12 back to the dealer for check.This may cost few days.

DeividA_Intel

Hello lostmarine, 

Thanks for the information, I will wait for your update to confirm if the issue persists.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

lostmarine
Novice

Hello

My dealer send a new NUC12 to me !  It works fine on windows 10. But the "PCH temperature" problem still exists.

wanghulu
Beginner

I get a NUC12DCMi9 and install ArchLinux

I also have this problems. I check the BIOS settings, try some kernel parameters, but it still restart after shutdown/poweroff.

lostmarine
Novice

so , what about your PCH temperature ? 

Just enter bios and switch to cooling tab , wait for about 10 min. Does your "PCH temperature" look normal?

wanghulu
Beginner

the PCH temperature seems OK for me.  Just can't shutdown / poweroff it properly.

DeividA_Intel

Hello lostmarine, 

I am glad to know that Windows 10 is not giving you the same issue, however, I would like to confirm the following:

1. What is the PCH temperature that you are getting?

2. Are you getting any other issues with Windows 10?

3. Where are you seeing your temperature? Can you take pictures?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

lostmarine
Novice
No , I have no any other issues with windows 10.

press power button -> press on F2 -> enter bios menu -> switch to cooling tab -> wait for half hour at most -> PCH temperature is between to 102 to 107. It show in the cooling tab in bios.

I am afraid can not show you picture because my NUC12 post back to dealer for repair.
DeividA_Intel

Hello lostmarine, 

Thanks for the information. Based on your posts the NUC is in a repair store for a fix. In this case, it would be better if we close this thread and you open a new one if the NUC still presenting the issue.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Feejus
New Contributor II

I got a NUC12WSHi7 recently and started to notice that while in Windows the system shuts down the NUC12 does not power down. I was told to install this below. Now issue is that this does only apply to NUC9

https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000059304/intel-nuc.html

Feejus
New Contributor II

I did find this, which i don't know will help you.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/741562/intel-management-engine-consumer-driver-for-...?

I know you are running Ubunto, but maybe there is a equal driver for Linux!?