From today all the video signals of my https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/kits/nuc5cpyh.html Intel NUC 5CPYH have stopped to work.
I've tried both HDMI and VGA, with 3 different cables, and two different monitors, that perfectly work with other laptop.
The Intel NUC has been bough on Aug, 2015, it has a Celeron N3050 a Samsung 250GB SSD and HyperX Impact HX316LS9IB/8 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L CL9 SODIMM 1.35V RAM.
- I have a linux distro installed on it without any remote access, therefore no way to use it anymore.
- I can see that the OS is loaded as there is activity on HDD LED during boot
- Tried to access blindly the BIOS with F2: nothing happens on the screen
- Tried to disable FastBoot blindly with power button sequence and F3, but nothing happens.
- Please note that the monitor doesn't receive any signal at all, it's not a black screen.
As I've paid 172.00 Euro, only for the barebone, failing after only 3 years, I feel a little bit frustrated and disappointed. I'm pretty sure it's a hardware related issue.
How can Intel solve this issue?
Thank you for posting in the Intel® community.
Ty to complete the following testing/troubleshooting:
- What is the LED status (check status https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005854/mini-pcs.html)
- Try to clear the CMOS (check the location on page 52 section 2.3 on the following link https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC5CPYB_NUC5PPYB_TechPr... https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC5CPYB_NUC5PPYB_TechPr... & instructions for jumper method on the following link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005805/mini-pcs.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005805/mini-pcs.html)
- Try a minimum configuration in case of a defective SSD (if you get any video the SSD may be defective or need a firmware update)
- Possible SSD firmware update may be needed (contact Samsung https://www.samsung.com/us/support/account/products/ https://www.samsung.com/us/support/account/products/)
- BIOS update may be needed (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/85254/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5CPYH https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/85254/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5CPYH)
If the behavior still persists after completing the steps above, please contact the Intel local support https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/company-overview/contact-us.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/company-overview/contact-us.html; select your location.
I have sent you a private message; please see your private inbox.
Hope this helps.
Intel Customer Support Technician
Under Contract to Intel Corporation