Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11283 Discussions

NUC5CPYH in Manufacturing Mode?

MReym
Beginner

We received an NUC5CPYH as a replacement and on the BIOS screen it shows "System in Manufacturing Mode". Anyone have any information on this?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This means that the unit's BIOS Configuration jumper (that's the yellow one) is dislodged, in the 2-3 position or is missing. Dislodged or missing can sometimes happen in shipping if the unit is subject to abnormal shaking. Open the chassis and restore the jumper to the 1-2 pins and you should be good to go. If the jumper is missing, look in the box that the NUC came it to see if it vibrated right out of the chassis. If it isn't there, contact Intel Customer Support and they will get one sent out to you pronto...

...Scott

MReym
Beginner

Hi Scott, the jumper is there and is already in the 1-2 position. I moved it to the 2-3 position (BIOS security) and that only disables the BIOS menu from showing. I moved it back to the 1-2 position and it still shows "System in Manufacturing Mode". Sound like we got a bad unit?

n_scott_pearson

I am checking with the factory folks about this message...

n_scott_pearson

The factory folks say you can ignore this message. It is an artifact from am old BIOS and, after a few reboots, it will disappear. It should not be affecting your ability to install an O/S onto a HDD/SSD or boot from it.

...S

MReym
Beginner

Thank you, Scott. It actually looks like it is gone. I updated the BIOS to the latest but it was still there. It looks good now. Thank you VERY much for the quick action / response.

idata
Community Manager

Hello, All:

N.Scott.Pearson, thank you for your suggestions.

Nectician, I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

Hujilitu
Novice
我的nuc10i5 也是这个问题
我买的二手的…开机显示system in manufacturing mode.
我想更新bios 看有没有帮助…但是每次更新都是失败…不知道怎么解决
AlHill
Super User

You are responding to a thread that is nearing FIVE YEARS OLD.

Start a new thread for yourself.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

n_scott_pearson

@Hujilitu,

Is this a Preproduction sample (ES or PP) version of the NUC? If you are unsure, respond with a picture of its bottom label and we will help you figure it out. If it is a Preproduction version, it is very common to find that you are unable to upgrade the BIOS. If this is the case, there is a good chance that there is nothing that you can do about it. You should return the unit to whomever sold it to you and get your money back. You should also report them here; the unit is the property of Intel and they had no right to sell it to you or anyone else.

...S

Hujilitu
Novice