Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MPalu
Beginner

[NUC5CPYH] wired ethernet dropping connection after few minutes (Win 10)

Hey all,

I have connected my NUC (with win 10) to LAN via ethernet cable. Unfortunately after few minutes connection drops and I dont have access to any source in LAN (including internet).

I updated BIOS and tried various ethernet drivers (Intel and Realtek) without luck. What is weird, ethernet connection on OpenElec is working like a charm.

Please help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Sleet,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Please try the following:

Uninstall the LAN driver you have installed from device manager and then install the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25051/LAN-Realtek-LAN-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Intel-NUC Realtek* LAN Driver for Windows 10* for Intel® NUC.

Try updating Windows to all the available updates.

Regards,

Ivan

JHoff6
Valued Contributor II

Hi Sleet,

It could be the power settings for the network adapter. Windows 10 is notorious for shutting devices down when it shouldn't. Try this:

1. Open your Network Connections
  2. Select "change adapter settings"
  3. Open the properties for your wired connection.
  4. Select Configure.
  5. Go to Power Management and uncheck "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
MPalu
Beginner

Unfortunately i tried that without any results. I also tried various drivers (official also).

Anyway, when I run windows network diagnostic "default gateway is not available" is displayed.

idata
Community Manager

Have you checked if you have any firewall that is preventing the network to work properly?

Did it work fine before or you have this issue since you purchased the unit? If not, I suggest restoring the computer to a previous state by System Restore when it was giving a trouble-free connection to the Net.

Regards,

Ivan

idata
Community Manager

Hi,

I'm just following on this thread to ask you if your issue was resolved with the information provided above or if you solved the problem.

Thanks,

Ivan

idata
Community Manager

I'm glad that you issue has been resolved and thank you very much for taken your time to share with us how you were able to solve it.

Your solution "I tried every solution listed in this topic but nothing worked. So I wiped my ssd and installed win10 again. Ethernet is stable now."

Best wishes,

Ivan