Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LChas
Beginner

NUC5I5MYHE completely dead, barely any lights

Bought a NUC off eBay - NUC5I5MYHE, just the board. When I got it, it did the 3-3-3 code because I installed ddr3 not ddr3l. Bought some ddr3l and now it barely powers. The green "ac adapter attached" light comes on, and when I hit the power button, the white and amber powers light flash for a millisecond then turn off, fan does a quarter spin then dies, and then nothing. I repasted it because the paste was dry. Is there anything I can do? Already tried a different ac adapter (Using an IBM 16v one), I have a 19v 3.42a one on the way, and I tried without CMOS battery. Booting without RAM gives same problem. No ssd/hdd. I can return it for another one. Should I? Any other alternatives?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The board should have worked with any power supply that delivers 12-19V to the external input (or 12-24V to the internal input) and provides at least 65W. If the power supplies that you tried meet these requirements, you should have been ok. If not, I would return it.

Hope this helps,

...S

LChas
Beginner

This is a 16V 4.5A charger which should work? It provides 72W. Going to return it.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yea, should have worked. Dud. Return it.

LChas
Beginner

Will do