cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC5I5RYK- Video stops Working Thru non HDCP HDMI KVM

Hi all,

I have a couple of NUCs and a couple of work PCs connected through a 'cheap' 4 port HDMI KVM switch. Look on Amazon for a Pway 4 Port HDMI KVM.

All was working ok until this weekend- the NUC5i5RKY video stopped working via the KVM. The other (older) NUC I have is still fine.

I did some tests swapping the video output cables over between NUCs (Mini HDMI to HDMI), and I couldn't get any display from the NUC5i5RYK.

The LG monitor I use has a second HDMI port- if I use that I can get Video from the NUC.

I have a Mini display port to VGA/HDMI/DP adaptor- trying the HDMI from that, still wouldn't work thru the KVM.

I've done a temporary bodge of using the VGA output and converting it back to HDMI (via another adaptor!) which now works (video is a bit fuzzy) ok thru the KVM.

I don't know what has changed, it has been working for 3 months- but could this be related to HDCP, as the KVM doesn't support it. Note- I've since tried updating all the drivers and BIOS on the NUC but still no joy.

I presume I can't turn off HDCP on the NUC (I don't play any copyright media material on it).

Ordered a cheap HDMI splitter /HDCP stripper box from Amazon today for further testing.

Any other ideas??

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello philtrick123,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I can see that you are experiencing display issues with a KVM.

I would like to mention that this unit is out of interactive support. This means that Intel ® no longer provides support via chat, email, phone or communities for the unit. However, this does not mean you cannot get help here, you can actually leave the thread open and see if other users have experienced similar issues.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos