Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OGefe
Beginner

NUC5I7RYH 4k@60hz - no success.

Hello,

reposting an old thread with an update.

I've just purchased a new 27" LG monitor that runs 4k@60hz, should arrive in a day or two.

I have a NUC5I7RYH PC, Running on an updated Win10, just updated the latest Graphics drivers and BIOS, and also everything else is updated.

I have a Phillips 32" 4k Monitor - this one https://www.philips.com.eg/en/c-p/328P6VJEB_56/brilliance-4k-lcd-monitor-with-ultra-wide-color/overv... https://www.philips.com.eg/en/c-p/328P6VJEB_56/brilliance-4k-lcd-monitor-with-ultra-wide-color/overv...

which i already run it on 4k @ 60hz with a newer NUC 7 we have at home.

I've checked everywhere to be sure, and the tech spec of the NUC5i7RYH states it runs 4k @ 60hz using the DIsplay port and running a single Monitor.

I've tried both a Sabrent adapter, mDP to HDMI that i purchased specially, states 4k@60hz, with an HDMI cable tested to run at 4k 60hz, but no success, the monitor won't give me a 60hz option, only 30hz

Custom resolution forcing 4k @ 60hz - failed

I've purchased a new cable mDP - DP, states 4k @ 60hz on the spec, also fails to run at 60hz, only 30hz

I don't wish to upgrade my PC just yet, I want it to perform as Intel says it should... can some one please help me out ?

I've tried everything ! I've also blocked the Audio support from the Video output on the BIOS settings, thought it might give some extra bandwidth, no change.

How do we fix this Issue??

Thanks,

Ohad.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
OGefe
Beginner

updating, got it running on the LG !

but not on the Phillips... using the same mDP - DP cable...
idata
Community Manager

Hello Ohad,

I understand that you are having problems with the unit since it is not allowing you to use 4K @60Hz.

Regarding this,to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Also, what is the current resolution that you are using and what is the one that you want to achieve? Are you looking to achieve the 3840x2160 @ 60Hz or the 4096x2160 @60Hz?

Regards,

David V
OGefe
Beginner

Please notice, i´m using the LG Monitor, which indeed got it running 3840x2160 @ 60Hz, that´s what i wish to run with.

The Phillips monitor which runs the same resolution, won´t cooperate.
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Some TVs/Monitors require you to plug the HDMI cable into a specific port if you are going to use 4K. Are you sure you are plugging it into the right one on this Phillips?

Hope this helps,

...S