Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC5i3RYH no display with hdmi or displayport. What can be done?

Hi,

I have a NUC5i3RYH and cannot make the screen work. Monitor says no signal.

1 . It used to be working with DP and mini-hdmi as well.

2 . Now it does not work with any of them.

3 . I tried different monitors and cables. Cable and monitor errors are excluded with another pc.

4 . I tried BIOS recovery blindly (removing the security jumpstart, etc...), did not fix my problem.

5 . The pc seems working otherwise, at least it does not give other signs of errors. Hard to see without monitor.

What can be done at this point? The boxing is gone, it is about 2 years old.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi dzsman, We are sorry to hear the NUC is not working properly and we will do our best to try to fix this problem.

Just to let you know, at this point basically you tried all the troubleshoot steps that we recommend for this type of scenario.

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The NUC supports Mini-DP 1.2; Mini-HDMI 1.4a, are you sure you are using the proper cable version?

Just for testing purposes, did you try to use the NUC with just one memory stick at the time with each stick?

Are you able to access the BIOS by pressing F2 several times when you turn the NUC on?

We can also try to remove the hard drive/SSD and test the unit, we should be able to see the splash screen or an error message in regards to a boot error.

You mentioned you tried the BIOS recovery already, on the following link you will find the instructions of how to do it just in case you want to try it again.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005532/mini-pcs.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005532/mini-pcs.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

dzsman, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos