Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMott
Beginner

NUC5i3RYK bios setup for clean install WIN 10 on Adata M.2 ASX6000NP-128GT-C

I had Win 7 64 BIT Pro installed, I cloned that drive to my new M.2 Adata drive.

Told BIOS to boot to that drive. Works fine. Still not as fast as a 6 year old Acer REVO with M.2 drive.

Would like to know the Visual BIOS Settings to Fresh install WIN 10 on the M.2 drive.

BIOS and WIN 10 BOTH see the M.2 drive. My BIOS VER is RYBDWi35.86A.0367.2017.0929.1059.

Intel driver update says my drivers are current.

Intel says my drive is not been tested and approved. Any Help for my question?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No changes to the BIOS Configuration are necessary, though use of UEFI is required for this drive.

When you get to the scene in the Win10 install where you pick the partition to install to, I recommend that you delete all existing partitions on the drive and then tell installer to install to the drive's free space (which now encompasses the entire drive). This ensures GPT partition table is properly set up and lets Windows installer control partitioning process.

Hope this helps,

...S

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

BTW, Intel does not "approve" anything. The list indicates what devices have been validated and appear to work, nothing more.

TMott
Beginner

I eventually Got the results I was seeking. I have no idea how to use the visual BIOS. After 3 installs, I have what I wanted.

15 seconds to windows desktop, and a responsive M.2 drive. Too bad Adata and Intel offer no help. But I am happy and not upset with anyone or anything.

I bought my NUC and my Adata m.2 on sale, so it is still a good build for me.