Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC5i5MYBE board Display connection

Hii,

This is Radesh from Bangalore.

Recently I have purchased NUC5i5MYBE board for one of my projects.

I have to install Ubuntu OS in it but I don't know how do I get my Display Device (Computer Monitor) connected to it.

It has got 2 Mini display ports, I tried using a Minidp to VGA adaptor cable and tried to connect the board to my monitor but it didn't work.

I am struck with this and not able to proceed furthur.

Can you suggest any method to connect my board with my computer monitor.

I have attached the Spec sheet of the board for your reference.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Radesh

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Radeshwar,

Thank you for choosing Intel products. Let me help you on this matter.

I understand you are trying to connect a monitor via mini Display Port to VGA adapter and using Ubuntu.

Please bear in mind that you are trying to get the image from digital to an analog connection, this might limit displaying options of the mini Display port. Intel does not recommend this type of adapters.

My recommendation would be Mini Display Port to Display port cable.

After checking the supported https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005628/boards-and-kits/intel-nuc-boards.... operating system list for the Intel® NUC5i5MYBE, I noticed some customers reported Ubuntu as compatible.

Again, this problem might be due to the video cable.

Hope it helps.

Allan J.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I had a lot of problems with the DP-to-VGA adapters that I purchased (my working setup uses a pair of adapters; a DP-to-HDMI dongle and then a HDMI-to-VGA adapter). Your best bet is to look for one that is listed in the compatibility tool: http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails/ExportPeripheralInfo?moduleName=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC... Intel® Product Compatibility Tool.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Dear Allan,

Thanks you for your support.

Can you recommend any Mini Display Port to Display port cable which is tested out by intel.

I feel it is be better to go with the tested one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Radeshwar,

Please take a look at compatibility list for tested hardware under http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails/ExportPeripheralInfo?moduleName=Intel%C2%AE%20NUC... Adapters and Dongles

there is a part number for a video adapter you may want to try.

Hope it helps

Allan J.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Dear Allan,

Thanks for your input, but from I have understand is the brand which you have mentioned as compatible and tested (Bizlink) is not listed in their product list on their website.

I doubt, if they have removed that product or stopped manufacturing the same.

It will be great if you could suggest any alternative for the same.

you can check this here

Dear Allan,

Thanks for your input, but from I have understand is the brand which you have mentioned as compatible and tested (Bizlink) is not listed in their product list on their website.

I doubt, if they have removed that product or stopped manufacturing the same.

You can check this here : http://www.bizlinktech.com/industries/list-sub.aspx?Type=100&CId=1 Welcome to Bizlink

It will be great if you could suggest any alternative for the same.

Thanks,

Radesh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Radeshwar,

Thank you for the update. I have checked the link you mentioned and I understand they do not list the one Intel recommended.

My suggestion would be contacting http://www.bizlinktech.com/contact/ Bizlink and check compatibility.

Regards,

Allan J.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi @Allan,

Good day to you,

As per your recommendation I have contacted Bizlink and I have got the MiniDP to VGA adaptor cable from them.

I have connected a HP PC Monitor to my NUC via Bizlink Minidp to VGA adapter cable, but still I am not getting any output display in my PC monitor.

It always shows NO Input Signal. I am struck here.

I don't know where the problem is.

I am powering the system with a adaptor which gives 19V DC.

Is there any alternative method to get the display output from NUC board? If so kindly let me know.

Can we use the USB ports available in the NUC for the display output? If so, we can use USB adapter cables and take the display output and kindly recommend the brand as well.

I have attached the few images for your reference.

Kindly help us resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Radeshwar SS

0 Kudos
Highlighted

There's no memory installed in these pictures. It won't work without memory.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Do I require a separate memory card?

if so where can I get it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

You need one (or better, two matching) DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMMs. They go into the connectors on the board.

You should understand this. If you don't, you need to find someone there who does who can help you.

...S

0 Kudos