Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11994 Discussions

NUC5i5MYBE cannot enter MEBX after provisioning

TSeel
Beginner

I have a NUC5i5MYBE, which after provisioning using WS-Management, I can no longer enter the MEBX.

When I type ctrl-p during bios boot the screen just freezes with the Intel NUC logo showing:

Everything else about AMT seems to still be functional; I can still access the webui, and query the AMT bios via WS-Management.

For the most part I want to enter the MEBX so that I can perform a "Full Unprovision" which I can also achieve in a less subtle way (ie by shorting the bios reset jumper), but that is besides the point.

Has anybody else seen this problem? Is there a known workaround?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

The factory default MEBx password is admin, which you will need to change the first time you log in.

I would recommend checking with our vPro community for more information:

Allan.

TSeel
Beginner

Thanks Allan, but as I said I can't enter the MEBx in order to type any password.....

AMT is provisioned (including change of password), and working fine remotely.

However,

I can't enter the MEBx. When I try (using CTRL-P) the NUC crashes. Locks up. Freezes. It becomes and ex-NUC (if you will).

Note, (and this is important) this problem appears specific to the NUC5i5MY I have in test. I have many other AMT VPro machines (Dell's etc). which don't do this.

This is an entirely repeatable problem; if I clear the bios completely (using the jumper on the motherboard), I regain access to MBEx (until I once again provision AMT).

LBonn3
Beginner

I understand your problem... facing the same issue. Did you solve it?

Regards, Lars.

LBonn3
Beginner

Even tried to flash latest BIOS (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloads/eula/24934/BIOS-Update-MYBDWi5v-86A-?httpDown=http://down... MYBDWI5V.86A.0024.BI.ZIP) and load setup defaults. Still freeze when pressing CTRL-P at boot time

)-:

Regards, Lars.

JSehl1
Beginner

I'm having the same issue. Any help?

LBonn3
Beginner

No help whatsoever. Not from the forum (at least not a usefull one) and not from the supplier nor from Intel.

I have opened a ticket at Intel support, and they write that their response time i one business day. This business day has passed now with on response, so I have a problem. I bought this system for a kiosk setup project with a tight schedule that I am working on. I bought the NUC solely because of this function, and I am afraid that just RMA'ing to the same box will leave me with the same issue again. Planning on returning the box and finding another solution.

Regards, Lars.

LBonn3
Beginner

Got a call from Intell. They are trying to replicate the problem.

BTW - my box is a nuc5i5myhe.

Regards, Lars.

LBonn4
Beginner

I have now RMA'ed the box, and as I expected, the new box does exactly the same.

I have noticed though that if you repeatedly and fast press CTRL-P right after the poser is on, it is sometimes possible to enter MBEX

)-: ???

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

We are really sorry for this issue. I need you to provide me with the following information:

-System information Report

-Step by Step of what have you tried so far.

It is important to say that you must have all drivers installed and up to date before running the report.