cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

NUC5i5RYH - HDMI no signal on HDTV

Hi,

I have the NUC5i5RYH which I've been using for a long while now. It's been on working most of the TV's that I've had.

I've now purchased a Samsung Q7F tv. One the first day of plugging in to the TV using the mini-HDMI port, the NUC had some trouble but eventually worked.

I've not been able to get it working again since. The TV reports no signal (no audio or video) from source. It registers that there is a device connected, but doesn't actually display anything.

I've connected the NUC to an older TV using the same cable, and it's working.

I'm assuming this is related to HDMI handshake of some sort?

Does anyone have some advice on what to do to resolve the issue?

I've done restarts, disconnects and reconnects of the HDMI cable. I've update the display drivers and bios to the latest versions.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This is the second report of a samsung monitor problem in the last two hours.

Doc

OWeis
Beginner

It is not only Samsung on my LG 49SJ800V UHD TV is also no Signal.

AlHill
Super User

You may need to try a better quality HDMI cable. Also, note that some hdmi cables are directional.

Doc

idata
Community Manager

Thanks, I assumed the current cable is fine because it does work on another television set.

I've been thinking I may have to do this, or perhaps go via the display port. Busy checking if there's going to be any disadvantages with it.

I was hoping there's something in windows registry or bios I could have fiddled with in order to get it working...

AlHill
Super User

Do not fiddle with the registry. Do not make changes to the bios.

There are many cables out there of varying quality. Just because it works on one monitor does not mean it is going to work on another.

When connected to the samsung, and you turn on the nuc, do you get a bios splash screen or any bios boot information?

Doc

idata
Community Manager

Ah...very well. Better cable it will be.

No splash screen or bios information is displayed

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I will go a little further that Al did. I have a RY NUC and I am using it with a Samsung 4K TV. I found that (with a good quality cable) the TV will work via the HDMI connector -- but this is not a good place to be plugging it in. This port only supports HDMI 1.4a, so the best you are going to do is 4K@30Hz. Many folks have eye fatigue issues with this refresh rate. With a good quality dongle, you can connect this TV to the DisplayPort interface and get 4K@60Hz. I am doing so using a Sabrent dongle -- and it even works routed through my Onkyo HT Receiver.

Hope this helps,

...S

idata
Community Manager

Thanks, I eventually did get another cable which worked. Though I opted to use a passive display port to hdmi converter to get some benefit of the 4k@60hz

ALe1
Beginner

Hi,

I got very similar issue. The tv stops working or not always connects. The graphics panel recognizes the connection, but won't send the signal.

The HDMI cable is decent quality, however it is not directional. Most of the times restarting computer helps, but once it didn't I uninstalled display adaptor driver, which helped for time being.

This is clearly driver bug. Can anyone help?

idata
Community Manager

Hello Iniss,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

In order to do further research about this, please run the Intel® System Support Utility to get some information about your system configuration.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Also, please answer these questions.

-What is your TV model number?

-How are you connecting your Intel® NUC to your TV? Are you using any adapters?

Wanner G.
idata
Community Manager

Hello Iniss,

I am writing to follow up on your inquiry.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Wanner G.