Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JFaje
Beginner

NUC5i5RYH bluetooth settings missing

I've been searching on this for several weeks.

I used to use a bluetooth speaker with my NUC5i5RYH. It worked great. Somewhere in the last couple months the bluetooth settings for my computer have completely disappeared. Nothing in the device manager. I've searched online and at these forums and nothing has worked. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I am at a loss. If you go to the control panel, my bluetooth speaker that used to be there is gone. There are no bluetooth setting to be found in the computer anywhere...

HELP!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello 64567546,

Have you recently made any hardware or software changes?

Please access your BIOS configuration and make sure that the Bluetooth option is enabled, see below;

You should have a check mark on the Bluetooth box.

Regards,

Amy.

JFaje
Beginner

I've made no changes at all. I just noticed one day that bluetooth was gone.

I will check the BIOS when I get home tonight, thanks.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/113150 64567546, let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

JFaje
Beginner

Well, this is odd. First, I did check the BIOS, and Bluetooth is checked.

So that's not it. Still not working.

But then I noticed something else that may or may not be related, I don't know. I bought a NUC5i5RYH, and it initially had an issue, and I did a warranty replacement right away. This was just over a year ago when I bought it. I set up the replacement, and never noticed this...it says in the BIOS that it's a NUC5i5RYB, not H.

What is the difference, and is that right that I got that version?

JFaje
Beginner

Actually, that may not matter, I found this when Googling... "Note: Some documentation may refer to NUC5i5RYB, this is the model name for the motherboard which is integrated into the NUC5i5RYH NUC product."

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yea, this will always be the case. The string is for the board used in the chassis, not for the chassis itself. Whether you have a "K" chassis (without HDD bay) or "H" chassis (with HDD bay) really has no bearing on the board or its configuration (well, other that the possible presence of the HDD)...

JFaje
Beginner

Well, I'm at a loss. It says bluetooth is on in the BIOS, but there is no sign of it anywhere in the OS.

Can I escalate to official support somehow?

idata
Community Manager

We have several Intel® NUC Kits running from our end but none of them have shown this behavior. So, let's try the following suggestions;

• Load the default settings in your BIOS configuration.
  • Run the Windows updates

In the meantime please let me know the following;

• Windows version installed.
  • Bluetooth driver version installed.

Regards,

Amy.

JFaje
Beginner

I manually installed the latest BT drivers from here:

Windows is fully updated, it's Win 10:

Could this be an issue in the device manager?

JFaje
Beginner

I reset the BIOS defaults (I don't think I ever changed anything anyway) and everything is still the same.

If your system has bluetooth, Win10 is supposed to show it in the action center, which it doesn't.

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for the screenshots.

Yes, the option it should appear on the notifications bar.

Please try the following;

These are the antennas.

Please let me know how it goes, I am really interested in your results.

Regards,

Amy.

JFaje
Beginner

This is really strange.

So I did what is requested above. I reinstalled both drivers again and detached and reattached the antenna lines. No change. I restarted and still nothing. Bluetooth doesn't even show in the Device Manager at all.

So then I tried something else. I remembered that I changed my Windows logon to my Microsoft Live account sign in instead of just a local account login. I changed the setting back to local, and when I restarted, Bluetooth came back. I changed it back to a Microsoft logon to see if the problem would come back, but so far no, I still have Bluetooth again. So for now, it appears to be back. Weird.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/113150 64567546, indeed is a strange behavior. I tried to look for something related to this behavior, but the search done did not bring any results. The good thing now is that your system is up-to-date and the hardware is also working.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/113150 64567546, if you have more questions regrinding this or any other matter, please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

IToka2
Beginner

Hi,

I had the same issue with disappeared Bluetooth 64567546 reported. I am running Windows 10 on my NUC NUC5i7RYH and one day Bluetooth was gone without making any hardware or software changes in my system.

I've tried all the options suggested in this thread and none of them worked:

- updated/reinstalled Bluetooth driver to the latest

- updated Intel chipset driver

- updated BIOS, reset BIOS settings to default, checked Bluetooth is enabled

- disconnect/reconnect the bluetooth card antennas

I was able to fix the issue by trying that weird user account trick 64567546 used:

- created another local user with admin rights. Lets say - UserB.

- Logged in with UserB. Still no Bluetooth.

- Logged in with my original user (say UserA). No Bluetooth again.

- Restart

- PROFIT