cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC5i5RYK mSATA HDD not bootable

Jump to solution

I have 2 NUC5i5RYK units that I cannot make bootable to the mSata drives. If I try to install Windows 7 x64, I can partition the drive, but it will not allow me to install the OS to it. In the BIOS, I can see the mSATA drive under the Devices/SATA menu, but the drive does not show up in the UEFI boot window. I have tried updating the BIOS to the most recent version, and I have tried multiple mSATA drives, but they all give me the same issue. The mSATA drive was working, but I connected a SATA SSD drive torecover the OS to, and after that the system will no longer boot the mSATA drive, or allow me to install the operating system.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: NUC5i5RYK mSATA HDD not bootable

Jump to solution

Hi jeffwb2u,

Steps for Windows® 7 installation on Intel® NUC Kits 5th generation.

Go to BIOS

Enable UEFI and Legacy boot options at Boot tab.

Enable USB Legacy and disable xHCI at Devices>USB tab

xHCI disables USB3.0; however, we can activate the option after installing OS and drivers.

Plug USB bootable drive (Win7 installed) to the NUC and restart the NUC, keep tapping F10 and select the option UEFI – USB bootloader.

It is recommended to format the 2.5" Hard Disk Drive or M.2 SSD.

mSATA drives were supported on previous NUC versions, such as, D34010WYK or D54250WYK.

Regards,

Mike C

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
1 View

Re: NUC5i5RYK mSATA HDD not bootable

Jump to solution

Hi jeffwb2u,

Steps for Windows® 7 installation on Intel® NUC Kits 5th generation.

Go to BIOS

Enable UEFI and Legacy boot options at Boot tab.

Enable USB Legacy and disable xHCI at Devices>USB tab

xHCI disables USB3.0; however, we can activate the option after installing OS and drivers.

Plug USB bootable drive (Win7 installed) to the NUC and restart the NUC, keep tapping F10 and select the option UEFI – USB bootloader.

It is recommended to format the 2.5" Hard Disk Drive or M.2 SSD.

mSATA drives were supported on previous NUC versions, such as, D34010WYK or D54250WYK.

Regards,

Mike C

View solution in original post

0 Kudos