Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12546 Discussions

NUC5i7RYB doesn't start

Skyline35
Beginner

Hi,

Recently I acquired a faulty Intel NUC 5i7RYB.  It started as a side project to make it work.

When starting blue led came up for 0.5s then followed 1 orange led for 0.5 sec and turned off. Fan didnt even spin for 1 second, only moved by 1 cm.

I searched for 2 days, but did not find any article nor forum post on what these led codes mean.

Tried 2 different power adapters, multiple RAM modules, nothing.

Since I could not figure more out, I gave to my friend to check aswell, but his first attempt to start it, did not go as planned (next to sata port it burnt).

nuc_i7_burn.jpg

Unfortunately I did not find any schematics for this board, so I don't know what was that item, however I found a picture.

nuc_b0579.png

Anyone can help me, where could I acquire this one, or is it even worth the trouble?

nuc_i7_without.jpg

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Richard

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Skyline35,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it. 

You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". https://ark.intel.com/   

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Skyline35
Beginner
Thank you for your time, I was not expecting answer from Intel, since I knew the product was without warranty.

Update on NUC, without that B0579 something, when power adapter is connected, the board has still green indicator that it gets power, however, when I start it, fans starts spinning now, but no blue or orange led blinking, and does not react to power button anymore, so need to unplug adapter to stop.

Any community member could help me what kind of smd or transistor or no clue what that thing is should I get to replace it?

Thank you in advance.
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I am trying to get you the info. It may take until Monday to get an answer, however.

...S

Skyline35
Beginner

Take your time, I really appreciate your help.

Have a nice weekend!

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I received a response from the design team this afternoon. The part is a P-Channel Enhancement Mode MOSFET, SinoPower part number SM2305PSA. I found datasheet online: https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf-file/1107099/Sinopower/SM2305PSA/1.

...S