cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DominikZ
Beginner

NUC5i7RYH not powering on

Hello,

I have an NUC5i7RYH, which i've been using off and on for the past 4 years and never had a problem with it. Recently it stopped working. When i plug it in, the green power LED turns on. when i press the power button, the fan starts spinning and the blue power under the button turns on. No image on display though. An average of 5-10 seconds later the fan will stop, the blue light turns off for a moment, then it turns on again, fan spinns up and that just keeps happening.

Here's a list of everything i've tried sofar:

• remove the memory and turn it on. i get the 3-flashes indicating a memory error. putting memory back, same problem as before
  • tried just a single memory stick
  • tried resetting the bios settings with the jumper
  • removed cmos battery for a while and plugged it back in
  • tried a different cmos battery
  • tried a different power supply

anyone know what this could be and how i could fix it?

thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I would attempt to do a BIOS Recovery. Try first using the Power Button Menu. If that won't go, try with BIOS Configuration jumper removed.

Hope this helps,

...S

DominikZ
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by the Power Button Menu?

I've tried booting it up with the BIOS jumber removed and in both positions (3-pins). Neither worked

thanks

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @DominikZ 

If the BIOS recovery is not fixing the NUC, disconnect the SSD/HDD and try to power it ON with SO DIMMs only. In this configuration you should be able to see BIOS video output and even enter BIOS settings.

Leon

DominikZ
Beginner

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I've already tried that and it didn't change anything either.

LeonWaksman
Super User

In order to boot into Power Button Menu press and hold Power Button for about 3 seconds. Count 1001, 1002, 1003,1004. Release the Power Button. NUC should reboot into Power Button Menu after about 30 seconds. You should release the Power Button before 4-sec shut down override or when the Power Button LED changes color from blue to amber.

Leon

DominikZ
Beginner

Thanks Leon. I tried that, most of the time i don't seem to get the timing right, but I have managed to get the led to turn orange a couple of times. Unfortunately it still power cycles after a few seconds. I'm starting to think this must be a hardware issue.

Maria_R_Intel

Hello DominikZ,

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and are helping you. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician