cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mkhal17
Beginner

NUC5i7RYH wireless adapter 7265-AC only shows 802.11n

hello

I have NUC above and my wifi adapter should be able to connect to AC router 5G which it does but only at 802.11n speed which is 300mbps

and the device properties in windows only shows 802.11n channel bandwidth

my router is asus RT-ACRH13

my adapter driver is the latest already 19.60

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Magrody

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC community. My apologizes for the inconvenience.

Please let me review this matter, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy C.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/117820 Magrody,

To enable 802.11n/ac, keep the default setting for Wireless mode. Select HT mode for 802.11n, or VHT mode for 802.11ac under HT mode.

Remember AC only works at 5Ghz and the router should support AC mode.

Regards,

Amy C.

Mkhal17
Beginner

Amy,

I'm using all recommended settings including "MHT" as shown in attached snap

also if you check the attachment in the first message you will find that the first line in advanced options says

"802.11n channel width"

it doesn't identify itself as 802.11ac capable adapter regardless of router setup or anything else

however my router is Asus ACRH-RT13 and i am connected to 5.2 GHZ chanel

idata
Community Manager

Thanks /thread/117820 Magrody.

Let double check this.

Regards,

Amy C.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/117820 Magrody, thank you for patience.

Please try to set a fixed channel at router level. Like for example 136 for 5 GHz, for this you will need to check with ASUS how to achieve this. All settings are correct and it should get up to 867 Mbps with that configuration. We believe that there are environmental details that are no allowing to get up to that speed and probably more networks sharing the same channel.

Regards,

Amy C.

Mkhal17
Beginner

amy, no problem

but if this is the case it doesn't explain why the wifi adapter driver reads "802.11n"

if it was environment it would connect at a low speed but states "802.11ac"

don't you think?

Mkhal17
Beginner

ok you win

the old router was still running and turning it off solved the problem

it was on 2.4 GHZ so i assumed it can never interfer

now i am getting varied performance ranging from 300 and up to 700 Mbps

is there any recommendation for settings in adapter or router other than this page:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000024678.html Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity

also it changes alot through the range between 300 and 700 without changing anything

why do you think that happens?

thanks for your help

idata
Community Manager

/thread/117820 Magrody, I am glad to hear that!

Let me check if there is more information regarding this.

Thank you.

Regards,

Amy C.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/117820 Magrody, as it is connecting to 5 GHz it changes very easy depending of the environmental details .. walls, light, noise, other networks. Also if you have other devices connected that are older ones ( Like N versions) that will drop down performance to the slower ones connected to the same network. You could be sharing channel frequency with other networks around ( even those wireless land phones). As workaround you can try a different channel at access point level and not use auto. (change to lower channels). You will need to play with the configuration. Make sure that in the wireless setting the WMM is enabled.

Regards,

Amy C.

Mkhal17
Beginner

thanks for your help

I appreciate it

idata
Community Manager

/thread/117820 Magrody sure, you're welcome.

If you have more questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.