Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPell1
Beginner

NUC6CAY - Bios update (USB Key) never show "Success"

One of our NUC failed recently, after investigation it seems that the SSD failed.

I changed the SSD and updated the NUC to latest Bios version (AY0064) using the recovery method (F7).

IMG_20190919_150532.jpg

Usually, the bios update process show a success message after that but not for this NUC. It stop there and the Power button led turn off.

Is it normal or I may suspect a defect NUC ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JPell1
Beginner

Also, there is nothing about EC Firmware while usually it also update the EC Firmware

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JPell1,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

Are you experiencing issues when running the system after the update? If not, please let me know for more information. 

If possible, go into the BIOS and check to see if the update was done successfully to the version you were trying.

Let me know please.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

JPell1
Beginner

Hi, yes it seems to work properly and the bios update worked, it's a personalized bios built wit Intel toolkit.

JPell1
Beginner

I have hundreds of NUC6CAY systems, and those are the only 2 system I'm that do that, from what I know.

NS13
Novice

The same situation with my NUC7i5BNH. No 'success' message after BIOS 080 update - looks like the system is frozen.

After the manual reboot, it works properly.

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JPell1 and NS13,

Thank you for your replies.

For testing what I could recommend you to do is to perform a BIOS recovery, you can follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005532/mini-pcs.html

I would recommend following the "Power button" steps; nevertheless you can choose whichever option is better for you. 

Let me know if the situation persists.

David V

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JPell1,

Were you able to check my previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

David V

JPell1
Beginner

Hi,

I tried the Recovery using Power Button but I can't get it work, never see the "Power Buttons Menu"

So I did it with "Security Jumper", which worked, but still don't see "EC Firmware" in the list.

IMG_20190925_131706.jpg

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JPell1,

Thank you for your response.

Upon review of the information and the BIOS release notes, I can see that both the BIOS version 0063 and 0064 share the same version of EC firmware, this means that you will not see it on the list because there is no need to update it now. 

David V

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JPell1,

Were you able to check my previous post?

Let me know if that clarifies why the EC firmware is not listed or if you need more assistance.

David V

JPell1
Beginner

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay, I was out of office last 2 weeks. I understand for the EC Firmware not listed but I expect to see a "completed successfully" message using the F7 method

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello JPell1,

Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

David V

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JPell1

Thank you for this feedback I am going to send this through.

Regards,

Leonardo C.