Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DRyan6
Beginner

NUC6CAY - POST issues

I'm currently having issues (see attached image) with numerous NUC6CAY's that I'm working with, I get the 'BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s)' message maybe 1 in 8 boot attempts; I have tried updating the BIOS to the latest version, removing all USB devices except KB+M, using a different model monitor, re-seating the RAM, disabling the USB ports on start-up and various other things. These PC's are brand new and I'm having issues, does anyone have an idea on whether or not it's bad hardware or something I've missed? Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DRyan6,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

We noticed that you created two support tickets describing the same issue. To avoid having duplicate support tickets and assist you better, please let us know if you would like to continue the support through this channel.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

DRyan6
Beginner

Hi,

If closing this question on the forum makes things easier then that is fine, we can continue through the other ticket. Thanks.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The number 1 cause for seeing this message is a problem initializing memory. What is the part number for the SODIMM(s) that you are using?

...S

DRyan6
Beginner

The SODIMM brand is ADATA and model is ADDS160022G11-B

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DRyan6,

We recommend continuing the support through the other ticket. We will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation