Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

NUC6CAYH Disable Bluetooth in bios?

I have read and have seen screenshots of Intel NUC systems that are able to enable/disable the on-board Bluetooth/Wifi modules separately

In the NUC6CAYH BIOS i only see the option to disable the on-board WIFI module, Bluetooth is nowhere to be found...

When WIFI is disabled Bluetooth still works. Anyway to disable Bluetooth?

Kind regards,

RvdH

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello RvdH

Thank you for joining the community to assist you better allowed me to know the version of bios that is currently installed on the NUC, did you found that option on a previous BIOS version?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

idata
Community Manager

No, like i said...not for this particular bios and model (v. 0047 as of today)

But i have seen Visual Bios Screenshots that had this option, see:

I am not going to be using Bluetooth on my NUC6CAYH NUC..at all, never ever...so a (bios) method to turn it off completely would be nice

This is a screenshot of my NUC6CAYH (BIOS v. 0047 as of today)

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The development team has reproduced this issue and it is being looked into.

...S

idata
Community Manager

Really? Wow, that was easy & fast

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yea, but I am willing to bet that the BIOS folks are so busy with the Spectre microcode fixes that it will be many weeks before they have time to look into this issue.

...S

idata
Community Manager

Yeah (sadly)...

Have to admit it is really silent on the Spectre/Meltdown front...guess 'fixing' this is quite more complicated as expected

idata
Community Manager

Any progress?

idata
Community Manager

Hello RvdH,

I understand that you would like to see the feature to disable the Bluetooth* on the BIOS interface.

Regarding this, I am currently looking into the information to see if there has been progress and will be getting back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

David V
idata
Community Manager

Hello RvdH,

Thank you for your patience,

At this stage, I do not have notifications for new features to be added in new BIOS releases. My recommendation would be to keep on checking for BIOS updates at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ and check BIOS release notes for further information.

Regards,

David V