Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PSenn
Beginner

NUC6CAYH and RDP

I use an NUC6CAYH to control my telescope using Microsoft Remote Desktop and it works like a champ.... unless I connect an external hard drive to any usb port or insert an SD card. Then RDP will not connect to the NUC. Remove the HD or SD and RDP will connect - without having to do a reboot. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Try the TeamViewer: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/?pid=google.tv_exact.s.il&gclid=Cj0KCQjwlqLdBRCKARIsAPxTGaWbRtER-TuO38... TeamViewer – Remote Support, Remote Access, Service Desk, Online Collaboration and Meetings and see if it works for you.

Leon

PSenn
Beginner

Leon, thanks for this. I tried TeamViewer and had the same issue. If I connect the external HD after the NUC boots up and the TeamViewer is connected the connection freezes. If I then disconnect the HD the connection stays frozen. If I disconnect TeamViewer and the reconnect everything works fine. Very odd behavior. Any other ideas? I'd prefer to use RDP as it has less latency. Thanks, Paul

AlHill
Super User

What version of Windows 10 are you running?

Doc

PSenn
Beginner

Windows 10 Pro on all machines. All are up to date.

AlHill
Super User

Do you happen to have a nuc with Windows 10 before 1803?

I have spent the last five months (on and off) troubleshooting some RDP issues that were not there prior to 1803.

Doc

PSenn
Beginner

I purchased the NUC and Windows 10 Pro in mid-August, so I'm fairly certain it is not a pre-1803 version.

AlHill
Super User

Ok, thanks for the information.

Doc

AlHill
Super User

There was an update yesterday from Microsoft. It had a large number of fixes, I mean "quality improvements". A couple of them addressed Remote Desktop.

Do a windows update. It may help.

Doc