Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobG
Beginner

NUC6CAYH problem with Logitech wireless Kb/mouse combo

Hi all, wondering if you can help. My Logitech MK240 keyboard/mouse combo only works when they are no more than a meter or so from the dongle and often with "stutters"

I've tried the dongle on both front and rear USB ports but no luck.

I've tested the kb/mouse on another machine and they work fine, new batteries just for good measure.

I've tested with an identical set (MK240) which I have on another machine and I have the same problem.

I suspected Windows had the problem but I get same behaviour when I am in BIOS so I'm starting my quest in this forum...

System details:

BIOS v0059 (latest)

RAM: KINGSTON KVR16LS11/4 4GB 1600

HDD: Samsung EVO860 SSD 500GB

O/S Windows 10 Pro x64 1803 (Build10.0.17134)

I've downloaded the latest drivers/utility software from Logitech but they don't seem to be doing better than the generic HID Windows drivers I started with. I uninstalled the generic HID Device drivers but no luck.

I've disabled the Infrared and Bluetooth functions (from BIOS) in case of interference but again no luck.

As I've been using Logitech for a long time without any problems whatsoever, this is very frustrating!

Any suggestions would be welcome!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SChau10
New Contributor II

This *may* be a case of severe electromagnetic interference between the NUC and the Logitech wireless dongle.

Try using a short USB extension cable (e.g. 1 foot) for the Logitech dongle so it sits some distance from the NUC unit.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @RobG​ ,

Connect Logitech Unified Receiver (dongle) to your NUC, using USB cable extender, instead to connect it directly to NUC. This way you will be able to locate this receiver in some distance from NUC. See this document for more detailed explanation: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/io/universal-serial-bus/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.ht...

Leon

RobG
Beginner

Thanks both, I'll give it a try. I used a cord on my previous machine because it was a monster so the USB dongle was completely obscured. Didn't think it would be an issue with this one.

Cheers.

RobG
Beginner

@LWAKSMAN​  @SChau10​ 

Unbelievable... it works fine with the cord, thanks a lot guys! I never would have guessed the USB3.0, although I suspected some sort of interference because the NUC is so compact. I guess I can re-activate the IR and Bluetooth.

Thanks again!