Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JESCA2
Novice

NUC6CAYH slow all USB 3.0 ports as USB 2.0 ( puertos usb 3.0 lentos a velocidad de usb 2.0) SOLVED

Jump to solution

English

I recently noticed the speed down of usb 3.0.

The worst thing is that I have an external hard drive with blue light if it acts in usb 3.0 and white light if it is usb 2.0

In another pc when connecting it turns blue and white in the nuc, so in nuc it acts as 2.0

Spanish

Recientemente he notado la bajada de velocidad de usb 3.0.

Lo peor es que tengo un disco duro externo con luz azul si actua en usb 3.0 y luz blanca si es usb 2.0

En otro pc al conectarlo se enciende azul y blanca en el nuc, osea en nuc actua como usb 2.0

Now the same HDD usb 3.0 before and after the last bios.

24 November 2017

12 Diciembre 2017

Bios 0043 and all components update 

Mensaje editado por: JAVIER MONCADA ESCAMEZ

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Chris_V_Intel

Hi all. A new BIOS that fixes this issue has been posted: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27439/BIOS-Update-AYAPLCEL-86A- Download BIOS Update [AYAPLCEL.86A]

View solution in original post

10 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello JaviMBX,

Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the ports speed.

Please let me double check this matter, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy C.

JESCA2
Novice

Thanks for your interest, I take advantage to give more information about the problem.

I have been able to verify that all my usb 3.0 units are now being recognized as 2.0, I send you screenshot where this is confirmed with an application like Rufus.

In this case, it looks for connected pendrive drives and discards the hard disks not before without noticing that it finds them working at slow speeds.

Just comment that all this external hardware was previously recognized correctly and recorded very good transfer values so it is not an incompatibility problem.

I hope all this information will help you find a solution soon. I am very satisfied with the performance of your Nuc and has fulfilled all my expectations on topics such as 4K and versatility in general.

A greeting from Spain

idata
Community Manager

/thread/120774 JaviMBX thank you.

Regards,

Amy C.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Folks, this issue has been reproduced by the NUC validation team and submitted for address to the BIOS sustaining team. Stay tuned regarding when a BIOS containing a fix for this issue will be available.

...S

THerr4
Novice

Hi there,

same issues for me. But as said before me, Intel is aware of it:

Lets hope a solution will be found.

T.H.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Correct; the USB issue is being worked as we speak and the fix will be included in a subsequent BIOS update.

...S

JESCA2
Novice

I'm glad this news, I'll wait patient, you do not know how much I want to see the light of my external hdd with blue color

Chris_V_Intel

Hi all. A new BIOS that fixes this issue has been posted: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27439/BIOS-Update-AYAPLCEL-86A- Download BIOS Update [AYAPLCEL.86A]

View solution in original post

JESCA2
Novice

Thank you very much, I confirm that the error has been fixed. My units are again recognized as usb 3.0 and their speeds too.

Gracias, confirmo que el error ha sido subsanado. Mis unidades usb 3.0 son reconocidas correctamente y sus velocidades también.

HHD USB 3.0 (UAS)

SSD USB 3.0 (UAS)

THerr4
Novice

Yep, confirmed. USB 3.0 Speed is back. Now Intel, lets make CPU´s safe again!