Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

NUC6CAYH vulnerable SA-00086

The Intel NUC6CAYH NUC is vulnerable to SA-00086 with the Trusted Execution Engine the Intel tool reports, when can we expect a update on this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

If you have BIOS 42 or later installed, the updated Trusted Execution Engine Firmware, version 3.1.50.2222, which addresses INTEL-SA-00086, will be installed.

I see from your capture that this is the version of the Trusted Execution Engine Firmware that is on your system. Intel Customer Support will have to explain why the detection tool is still saying that the engine is vulnerable. I sure hope it is the tool and not the firmware...

...S

idata
Community Manager

My BIOS is 0045, so it is Trusted Execution Engine Firmware, version 3.1.50.2222

Hope it is a detection error like you said..

idata
Community Manager

Today i discovered the SA-00086 tool got updated, it reports; "This system is not vulnerable. It has already been patched"

Only now it complains about the Intel Capability Licensing Service Client being obsolete!

Similar as these:

NUC6CAYH doesn't have Management Engine Driver. is it?

idata
Community Manager

Any update about the "Intel Capability Licensing Service Client is obsolete" message on the NUC6CAYH?

Is there anything I need to install or is this a message that is not applicable to this model?

idata
Community Manager

Hello, RVdH.

In this case, I will highly recommend you to perform a https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26802/eng/Chipset_Win10_10.1.1.35.zip Chipset updated. If this does not solve your issue please open a new thread regarding this issue explaining your problem. Make sure you include your system configuration and a clear explanation about the issue so we can give you a solution as soon as possible.

Antony S.
idata
Community Manager

Installed Chipset INF driver version already is v10.1.1.35

I think the SA-00086 detection tool falsely reports the message about "Intel Capability Licensing Service Client is obsolete" as there is no MEI driver for the Intel NUC6CAYH so there is no way i can install a updated Capability Licensing Service Client

The "Intel Capability Licensing Service" simply doesn't exist on the NUC6CAYH if i open services.msc and list the services