cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

NUC6CAYS and wireless mouse with USB 3.0 solution?-->solved

Hello,

is there any solution to run a wireless mouse and USB 3.0 without the known 2,4 GHz issues?

The NUC has no more USB 2.0 , so its impossible to run a wireless mouse and USB 3.0.

Very very bad.

So, for the next NUCs alt least one USB 2.0 port is mandatory again.

Regards,

Sven

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

You may use wireless mouse and keyboard on your NUC. I use Logitech combo (mouse+keyboard) and it is working without problem. In case that in your case the wireless adapter is affected by RFI interference, move it to other slot or connect it to NUC, using an extension USB cable.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I have used wireless mice and keyboards (albeit only Logitech) on virtually every model of the NUC ever produced. I have *never*, *ever* seen USB 3.0 cause any mouse/keyboard interference.

When communicating with USB 2.0 devices, there is no USB 3.0 2.4GHz signal being generated. Communications with USB 2.0 devices only utilizes the USB 2.0 differential pair; it does not use either of the USB 3.0 differential pairs (which, in fact, are not connected to anything when a USB 2.0 device is plugged in). If you are seeing interference, it is likely coming from another USB 3.0 port. In this case, you are probably using an improperly shielded cable or something on that USB 3.0 connection. Regardless, having a USB 2.0 port is not going to help and one certainly doesn't need to be mandatory. Oh, and Leon is correct; if you suffer from this issue, use a properly shielded USB 2.0 cable to move the mouse's wireless dongle further away from the NUC.

My two cents worth,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

nano dongle, wired keyboard and USB stick plugged in is causing issues for me.

resolved:

using 4 port USB 3.0 Hub with nano dongle and USB stick.

i was reading in the internet USB extension will not resolve just using USB 2.0 for wireless mouse.

Thx guys!

Cheers,

Sven

0 Kudos