Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
georgep03
Beginner

NUC6i3syh NIC dies after BIOS upgrade

After upgrading the BIOS on my NUC6i3syh from SYSKLi35 ver. 051 to 072 the NIC no longer works. The older versions of BIOS are not available to download and roll back to. Any suggestions on how to fix the NIC or get an older version of BIOS?

The NIC shows up in the OS but always shows as disconnected. (Yes I updated the driver.)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Reinstall the latest BIOS, but this time use the BIOS Recovery process (this capability is available from the Power Button Menu). Once this is complete, go into BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS) and use the F9 key to reset the BIOS configuration and the F10 key to save the configuration and reset the system. Once you have determined that functionality has returned to expected, you can go back into BIOS Setup and customize the BIOS configuration per your design.

Hope this helps,

...S

georgep03
Beginner

Thanks Scott, I hit F4 from the power button menu but when it came back up it was still at the new version of BIOS. This morning after I did the BIOS recovery I could ping the NUC but it was dropping every 20th or so packet and steadily got worse till it was only answering about half of the pings. I did try a different cable and switch port but it didn't help. This is one of 3 identical NUCs that I use for a vSphere lab based on William Lam's design. They boot from SD card so I swapped SD cards with one that is working and the problem stayed with the SD card so seems it may be a corrupted driver. Digging in...

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

That doesn't sound like a corrupted driver; it sounds like a bad SD card.

...S