cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

NUC6i5SYK: Headphone jack output power?

The Tech Product Spec (pg. 29) naturally states:

"The analog circuit of the front panel audio connector is designed to power headphones or amplified speakers only. Poor audio quality occurs if passive (nonamplified) speakers are connected to this output."

But can someone from Intel comment on the actual output power (mW) for audio on this connector? (and any other specifications for the connector).

Many thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello dmginc,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I can see the Intel® Technical Product Specification does not mention the output power that this connector can provide.

Please allow me to further investigate.

Best regards,

Ivan.

idata
Community Manager

Dear Ivan,

Thank you very much for your reply! Any updates on this?

Cheers,

Nick

idata
Community Manager

Im sorry for the delay, I'm still trying to find this information for you, once I get it I will post it here.

Ivan
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi dmginc,

This NUC holds a Realtek HD Audio via a stereo microphone/headphone 3.5 mm jack on the front panel, this is usually 5V power available on the ring

Specifications are available here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/productsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=28&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=284 Realtek see "Supports 3.3V digital core power, 1.5V or 3.3V digital I/O power for HD Audio link, and 5.0V analog power"

I hope this helps,

Ronny G

By the way: High Definition Audio Specs are also available here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/standards/standards-high-def-audio-specs-general-technology.h... Intel® High Definition Audio Specification

idata
Community Manager

Thanks Ronny - that is helpful info.

From the Realtek ALC892 datasheet I found:

Headphone Amplifier Output @ 32Ω = 1.1Vrms

Thanks,

Nick

Ronny_G_Intel

Hi dmginc,

Thanks for your feedback, I am glad that you found the information you were looking for.

Regards,

Ronny G

idata
Community Manager

Hello dmginc,

Thank you for sharing this valuable information with us and I'm also glad that you found the information you needed.

Best regards,

Ivan.