cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor II

NUC6i7KYK BIOS 54

Hello,

Does anyone know what changed? The release notes show no update to the sub-system firmware revisions, but show:

"BIOS functionality enhancements."

as the only noted change.

Since loading this BIOS version 54, I hear my fan running more often. Did Intel modify the fan tables or thermal settings?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello JamesU,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

Because the information available online does not describe what BIOS functionality enhancements were made, I would like to approach your issue differently.

Have you tried changing the fan control settings in BIOS > Cooling > CPU Fan Header > Fan Control Mode?

What is the fan control mode set in your unit?

Please let me know how it goes.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello JamesU,

Were you able to change the fan control settings in BIOS? Did you notice any improvement in your unit?

Please let me know of the outcome.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have gone into the BIOS and confirmed my settings are still at the BIOS defaults.

It just seems that the fan runs more frequently now on version 54 of the BIOS, and I was trying to understand why. If you don't know - then OK.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello JamesU,

I sent you a private message.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello JamesU,

Thank you for your response.

I would like to add that the information you are looking for is usually not available for public dissemination. However, if the issue persists, you can take into account the following options:

You can try replacing the fan.

Please review the Fan replacement instructions before choosing this option:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027667/mini-pcs/intel-nuc-kits.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027667/mini-pcs/intel-nuc-kits.html

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos