Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
11980 Discussions

NUC6i7KYK HDMI CEC

lEdge
New Contributor II
I'm very confused. I tried to avoid this subject. It only happens that the TV is new for this NUC, otherwise it would still be on a 12 year old TV with first gen HDMI. It just happens to have an arc HDMI port.
I tried to take the time out and test to see if it's compatible.
It's missing from the BIOS. Why?
And I used the search in visual bios as well. No results. I only have the CIR controls. I have seen topics about this. And the biggest bad company problem right now is going to be honestly hysterical. I find these parts to enable HDMI CEC and this device is listed as not supported.
It's not like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack. These changes just happen without my attention.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The KY NUC has support for connecting a CEC card. You just have to have the right card. Here is the case you need: https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/207/skull-canyon-nuc-cec-adapter. You can also purchase it through MicroSATACables: https://www.microsatacables.com/skull-canyon-and-hades-canyon-cec-adapter-skc-hd-cec.

Is this what you purchased? 

...S

lEdge
New Contributor II

I didn't buy the adapter. It's just part of the research.

I can pretty much guarantee I'm not bullfroging my NUC for that adapter. The picture for the purpose there doesn't even look like it fit the case. And I can see that happening since I installed the ram and hdd. I can see the room I'm working with.

I'm just not sure about another thing. Why that option is suddenly a third party adapter. I thought all of this was available with the kit. And also Intel is now changing all of the support pages. I didn't make any recent bios changes myself. And it seems like I used to find CEC in the system information.

It's hard to believe it disappeared.

I would best use the remote control instead of the hardware tempering. And by the way why create an adapter port on the motherboard in the first place. Why is that still there?

n_scott_pearson

The small board is designed to plug into the Common IO Header and to fit within the special opening in the chassis and shield enabled for this header. If you look carefully at the pictures provided, it shows in one of them how it fits into this opening.

There are NUCs that have CEC built in, but KY is not one of them (and never was).

...S

lEdge
New Contributor II

And all of the superficial chaos theory aside. Or scavenger hunt for pile.

I know this will usually affect Pentium machines. And this was decades ago when they had rebel problems. I mean this was a bad history of performance when it would eliminate an entire batch of process from running.

Just straight strange the NUC 6 doesn't have CEC standard.

n_scott_pearson

I have no idea what that gobbledygook answer is trying to say (are you using a translator? DON'T! Let us translate ourselves). Regardless, see my previous response.

...S

lEdge
New Contributor II

May be it's your harbouring intuitions that are the reason you no longer work for Intel.

But, how am I supposed to install the software for the third party part.

And more importantly this legacy page is missing from my bios.

Pictures and watercolors included.

n_scott_pearson

Hah! No, I simply retired.

I am not sure (I have never tried one), but I believe that when the module's presence is detected by the BIOS, it will then expose these settings.

...S