Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ERegn
Beginner

NUC6i7KYK remote power button

Jump to solution

Good afternoon to everybody.

Does the NUC6i7KYK have the header connector/pins on the motherboard?

Since the NUC5i5RYK I used to make a remote power botton, to turn it on and off and to add an external HDD activity L.E.D.

My company is a sistem integrator so this function is fundamental for us.

On the 5i5RYK there are pins soldered on the mother-board for the header connector (see picture attached) and it is wonderful. On other models there is just a "hint" of the header connector, and we managed to make it work flawlessly,

BUT

on the 6i7KYK I have troubles finding them.

The NUC is a very suitable PC in the digital signage field, and the remote button to turn it on or off is crucial for a device like that.

Please tell me that Intel has not changed its mind about the versatility of its product.

Thank you in advance for your kind help, I will appreciate every answer.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The KY NUC indeed has such a header, though it differs considerably from that in previous NUC models. The "front panel pins" (i.e. those for Power and Reset buttons and Power and HDD LEDs) are exposed as part of the Internal Common IO Header. This is documented on page 37 of the NUC6i7KYK Technical Product Specification (downloadable here: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/NUC6i7KYK_TechProdSpec.pdf NUC6i7KYK TPS).

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

7 Replies
n_scott_pearson

The KY NUC indeed has such a header, though it differs considerably from that in previous NUC models. The "front panel pins" (i.e. those for Power and Reset buttons and Power and HDD LEDs) are exposed as part of the Internal Common IO Header. This is documented on page 37 of the NUC6i7KYK Technical Product Specification (downloadable here: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/NUC6i7KYK_TechProdSpec.pdf NUC6i7KYK TPS).

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

ERegn
Beginner

Thank you very much. I saw those connectors and actually thought they could work.

I found a cable with 2 female USB A and another female connector to create all the automatisms (remote power button, activity LEDs eccetera eccetera).
n_scott_pearson

Yea, I bought both this cable and the one that exposes the extra USB 3.0 ports (though I haven't played with anything other than the USB ports so far).

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hello all,

N.Scott.Pearson thank you for your help.

cpx1, hope the information posted above help you, and if there is something I can help you with please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/109716 cpx1 I am following up your thread, and I wanted to know if you were able to use the female USB A cable in your Intel® NUC Kit.

I am really interested in your results.

Regards,

Amy.

jScol
Beginner

You might want one of these: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6J32N57506 HQmade ATX Motherboard Power Cable and Button Switch for PC Replacement On/Off/Reset Switch - 100CM - Newegg.com

This is also very helpful:

idata
Community Manager

spyderdyne, thank you very much for the video. It will definitely help other users in the community.

Regards,

Amy.