Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC6i7KYK - screen flickering issue.

Hello,

My configuration is:

NUC6i7KYK connected to LG UHD 4K 55UH605V via HDMI cable, screen resolution is set to 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz

Latest BIOS 00.48

Latest Display Driver 21.20.16.4678

HDMI 2.0 Firmware 0x20

I'm using Intel Driver Update Utility and all drivers are up to date.

I need to play a bit to make my screen stop flickering, normally when I boot the NUC my screen is flickering with configuration 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz, so to solve the issue I need to go to both Intel Graphics Settings and Windows Display Adapter Properties and do one of the 2 below scenarios:

1. Go to Intel Graphics Settings, switch to 30Hz and then go to Windows Display Adapter Properties and switch back to 60Hz.

2. Opposite to above, go to Windows Display Adapter Properties, switch to 30Hz then go to Intel Graphics Settings and switch back to 60Hz.

Switching back and forth in either Windows Display Adapter Properties or Intel Graphics Settings doesn't help. Strange, isn't it?

After the reboot issue is re-occurring.

Issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyos_2R5TbY Flickering - YouTube

I tested 3 different HDMI cables, I have now quite a collection at home, all cables are High Speed with Ethernet.

As I can see in other threads, this issue is still not fixed after almost a year and occurs in combination NUC HDMI -> 4K UHD TV.

I'm not interested of using DP port with adapter.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello lukas77,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I am sorry to hear you are having flickering issues with your Intel® NUC. Can you please try the following to see if the issue persists?

Install the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26772/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=883... Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45] Version: 15.45.18.4664 (Previously Released) Date: 5/3/2017

Check if the Windows update KB4022716 is installed, if yes, please uninstall it.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Juan,

Thanks for answer. I have tried to uninstall KB4022716 yesterday, I found in another thread that it can cause similar issue but it didn't help me. I was testing it along with 4678 driver version.

Today new Windows Security Update KB4025342 has been installed and I think it replaced KB4022716 bacause I don't have it in system right now. Anyway I uninstalled latest graphic driver, I let Windows to install automatically another version and I uninstalled it again, I kept repeating this steps until I had Microsoft Generic Driver. Microsoft Generic Driver had only one resolution 3840 x 2160 @ 64Hz and I had no flickering issues, of course no hardware acceleration either.

I installed https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26772/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-%3Fproduct%3... Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45] Version: 15.45.18.4664 (Previously Released) Date: 5/3/2017 and my flickering issue is back. I also tried to install the driver from Microsoft Update, I'm not sure what version it was but I'm pretty sure earlier then 4664 and I also have flickering issue.

Regards

Lukasz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi lukas77,

Thank you for the information.

I just saw a https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26935/NUCs-BIOS-Update-KYSKLi70-86A-?product=89187 new BIOS version (0049). Can you please install it, load BIOS defaults and test again?

Best Regards,

Juan V
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks,

I've updated BIOS, restored default settings and it didn't help, installed latest Graphic driver and still flickering were there, but...

I started playing with aspect ratio, changing options one by one and when I went to last setting, flickering stopped. I restarted computer and still is OK. So fingers crossed. I will check tomorrow if the issue is gone forever, is late in Central Europe now.

My current settings:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi lukas77,

Thank you for letting me know; hopefully, it fixes the issue.

I will be awaiting the results.

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello lukas77,

I was reviewing this thread and I wanted to know if the screen flickering issue is not present anymore?

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

It's fine now with the setup I posted above, so I can live with that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi lukas77,

Thank you for letting me know.

Please don't hesitate in contacting us back if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos