cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCiaf
Beginner

NUC6i7KYK2 no video signal

Hi,

Suddenly I can only access my NUC6i7KYK2 using Remote Desktop from another computer in the same lan, but attached monitor by HDMI or Displayport are not recognized, not show anything.

So I can access the bios.

I verify that the monitors are OK, and also the cables are working.

I tried moving the yellow jumper and also disconnecting the CMOS battery.

Just yesterday I was able to use it with a monitor, the last time I use a monitor was by displayport adapter to VGA. But now none works, even using direct HDMI cable.

Device Manager (Windows 10) shows no errors, and the Intel graphics driver installed (all drivers and bios are up-to date) but on Monitor only shows "Generic no-Pnp monitor", I don't know if this is normal as I'm using remote desktop, but a HDMI monitor is attached and did not show up.

Iris Graphic Control Panel show no display available.

Regards,

Martin.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I am confused by your wording. Are you saying that the monitors work just fine at the splash screen and if you go into BIOS Setup (Visual BIOS) but they do not work within the Windows environment?

Please also detail the memory and storage (with part numbers) that you have in your KY system.

...S

MCiaf
Beginner

Please, excuse my bad English.

I mean> the monitor works OK with other computer, so is not a monitor or cable problem.

I can see anything from my Skull Canyon, the only way to use it is to access using Windows Remote Desktop, so I understand that all is OK, but the video is not working.

I tried to boot without the NVME disk, and the same results, no video signal at all from HDMI nor DisplayPort.

Regards,

Martin.

n_scott_pearson

You mean you can't see anything. I get it. You've tried all three access methods, USB-C, mDP and HDMI?

It sounds like something has failed somewhere in the hardware. You should contact Intel Customer Support directly and make arrangements for an RMA replacement of your base unit. Here is contact information, sorted by geography (you should be able to find a number that allows you to talk to them in your native language):

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @11 Intel Customer Support Contact Information for US and Canada

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support/emea-contact.html Intel Customer Support Contact Information for Europe, Middle East and Africa

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support/apac-contact.html Intel Customer Support Contact Information for Asia-Pacific

http://www.intel.la/content/www/xl/es/support/contact-support/lar-contact.html Intel Customer Support Contact Information for Latin America

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. Make sure you remember to remove your M.2 SSD and Memory SODIMMs before sending your unit back to Intel.

MCiaf
Beginner

Thank you for your help !

I did not tested the USB-C because I don't have the cable/adapter.

Is there any diagnostic software I can run to confirm that this is a hardware failure?

Regards,

Martín.

n_scott_pearson

No, there isn't. If you cannot see the BIOS output, there's no BIOS-level display for software at all.

...S

n_scott_pearson

Intel Customer Support will need to investigate whether there is any in-Windows test software you could try.

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hello MCiaffone,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
MCiaf
Beginner

Hi,

I've ordered this: StarTech.com USB32HD2 USB to Dual HDMI Adapter - 4K - External Video Card - USB to HDMI Adapter - Monitor Adapter - USB 3.0 to HDMI

I'll try with this in a few days when I receive it.

Regards,

Martín.

idata
Community Manager

Hello MCiaffone,

Thank you for your response,

I understand that you have ordered an adapter, nevertheless I must mention that Intel* does not recommend the use of any kind of adapters. This is because we cannot test all of them, so we cannot guarantee that these are going to work.

Please let us know the outcome.

Regards,

David V
MCiaf
Beginner

Hi,

I managed to get video output using the adaptor.

But I can't access the bios setup, probably because this adapter needs the drivers that are loaded by windows, so when I get video, windows is already started.

Sending the Skull Canyon for repair is not a good option for me as I am in Argentina, and in my country, the customs apply high taxes even for a returned/use equipment, in this case, I should pay as much as (MSRP + Shipping Costs) / 2 in taxes :-(

Regards,

Martín.

idata
Community Manager

Hello MCiaffone,

Since you now have image and able to access Windows properly, I would like to request more information about your system. Please do the following and attach the report to this thread:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Regards,

David V
MCiaf
Beginner

Please, find attached the dxdiag file.

Regards,

Martin.

idata
Community Manager

Hello MCiaffone,

Upon review of the information I can see that there is a graphics driver update available which we can try to troubleshoot the current problem you are experiencing.

Please refer to the link below and download the ".zip" file:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?pr... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?pr...

After that download is complete, please follow these steps:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

4 - Expand the Display adapters section.

5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

11 - Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13 - Reboot your computer

Once that is done, please try to properly connect the unit. Also, something we can try is to update the HDMI firmware. Please download and run the following:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26061/-HDMI-2-0-Firmware-Update-Tool-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26061/-HDMI-2-0-Firmware-Update-Tool-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC...

Please let us know the outcome.

Regards,

David V
MCiaf
Beginner

Hi,

All my Intel drivers are up-to-date, including graphics.

Driver version: 23.20.16.4944

And the HDMI firmware update doesn't run with any of my monitors connected to the HDMI port.

Regards,

Martin.

idata
Community Manager

Hello MCiaffone,

To check if it is a driver issue or hardware problem. I would like you to go to the "Device Manager", right-click on the display adapter and uninstall it. Once you are using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter I would like to know if the HDMI works properly or not.

Regards,

David V
MCiaf
Beginner

Hi,

The Display adapter "Intel(R) Iris(R) Pro Graphics 580 returns automatically to the Device Manager after reboot, even when I uninstall it with the "Delete the driver software for this device" option selected.

Besides that, how can be this a driver problem if I don't have video output before and after Windows loading?

Regards,

Martín.

idata
Community Manager

Hello MCiaffone,

I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

David V