Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

NUC7 i5/i7 Programmable LED and "start on power"

Hi

I have two questions on the NUC7i5/i7

1. Programmable LED?

I think I have read that the front-LED is programmable. As this was not a feature of previous NUCs, Would need to have that confirmed and maybe a hint at a direction for where to find the info on how to program it.

We are on Windows, and what we would like to do is to use it to indicate different system status.

2. Start-on-power

On older NUCs we have been able to set them up so they start on power-on, and simply shut down when losing power.

Is that possible without doing hardware modifications to the Series-7 NUC?

Gunleik

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Gunleik,

Yes, you can program how the Ring and Power Button LEDs will function. See my previous response for more information: .

Yes, you can choose to have the NUC - any NUC - boot when power is restored. When power is taken away gracefully (Windows shutdown, power button press, etc), the NUC - any NUC - will shutdown cleanly. If the power is suddenly removed, however, the NUC - any NUC - will suddenly be dead and the possibility of hard disk corruption (due to operation (s) in progress) is present. With "any NUC", I am saying that the 7th gen NUCs work like previous generations.

Hope this helps,

...S

Highlighted
Novice

Thanks. Yes, I am aware of the system-side of just pulling the plug.

we made that very robust under Linux. I hope we can get a similar robustness under windows...
0 Kudos