I am having trouble loading device drivers in Windows Server 2012 R2. Ethernet Controller and Network Controller show as other unknown devices.
I have downloaded and tried to install multiple versions of the NIC drivers unsuccesfully. Error "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer".
Thanks in advance for your support!
It's unfortunate NUC7 does not have Server OS drivers. You can try Win10 x64 driver for Ethernet Controller. The Network Controller is Intel wireless and no server driver.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/95065/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC7i7BNH Downloads for Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i7BNH
Aher, thanks for replying to me. I have tried the Windows 10 drivers. Same error message. I'll have to work with another OS if I can't get the hardware drivers for the Intel NUC to work with Server 2012R2.
NUC7 uses Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V. You can try this one if it works or not. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26352/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-Server-2012... Download Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows Server 2012*
As for Intel wireless there is no Windows Server OS driver available.
What about installing Ubuntu Server instead? :-)
And if you still need some obscure windows feature run your 2012R2 (or today 2016 might be a better choice) server as a virtualbox VM?
Virtualbox will then provide the drivers needed.
If the driver pointed by AHER in post # 3 will fail during installation (i.e. you will see the same massage: Error "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer"), try to install the driver manually step by step. Follow these steps"
1. The driver file is in .exe format. Extract and decompress the file to a folder. (To extract the file, you need an archive utility such as 7zip. If you don't have one, you can download it online.)
2. Go to https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/a-common-and-easy-way-to-access-device-manager-in-windows/ Device Manager.
3. Expand category "Network adapters". Right-click on the Intel network device and select Update Driver Software…
Note if the network driver is missing, it might be listed under category "Other devices". In this case, there is a yellow mark next to the device which is displayed as Ethernet Controller.
4. Click Browser my computer for driver software.
5. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
6. Check the box next to "Show compatible hardware" and click Have Disk… button.
7. Click Browse… button and navigate to the folder where you extracted the driver file to.
8. Continue to open the folders until you can choose any of the .INF files. Then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Thank you for contacting the Intel community.
I'm sorry Intel® has validated Windows® Server with this NUC and for that reason there are no drivers available, this unit was tested and validated for Windows® 10 as you can see here:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-nuc-boards/000005628.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® NUC Products
You can try the driver that AHER posted and that might help or you can try lw1948 recommendation, but if it doesn't work, then the option will be to have Windows® 10 installed on your system for you to avoid any errors.
I'm really sorry that this is not the answer you were looking for but this is the validation Intel has done.