Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC7CJYH bios update from within Linux

We have 100's of ​NUC7CJYH. The bios are password protected with a common password, the bios is uefi, and secure boot is on. We pxe boot to Linux, there is no local storage in the device. How can I update the bios to the latest without leaving linux or visiting the nuc physically? When will there be a tool available to do this from within Linux? What about pxe booting an image of the dos updater, I don't see that there are any silent or automated parameters or arguments.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Hello ENich,

Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.

Intel has not validated Linux* on Intel® NUC products. However, Intel® NUC owners have reported Linux* distros as compatible and are successfully running different distributions.

In this scenario, we will do further research and update this thread as soon as possible. It is worth mentioning that we cannot guarantee that a procedure to update the BIOS on Linux* is going to be implemented.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello ENich,

We would like to update this thread.

Based on your system configuration, PXE server, you can boot into FreeDOS or iPXE over PXE to update the BIOS. There are a lot of instructions and videos available on web.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Tools for centrally managing an Enterprise fleet of NUC's are seriously lacking. We need an automated way to securely and silently update NUC firmware that is OS agnostic.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi ENich,

As I mentioned in the other community post, we are looking into it and I will get back to you as soon as I hear anything about it... Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Can you please provide an update on the progress of providing a llinux bios flash tool that supports silent options?

0 Kudos