Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC7CJYH "bootable device" after Bios update

So i have had an NUC7CJYH working fine with windows 10 for months. Today while working on another NUC I decided to upgrade the bois on both. I upgraded to 0046 which shows as latest. After rebooting i get the " a bootable device has not been detected". When i am in BIOS it shows up when i go to the file explorer. If I pull the drive out and install it in an external case i can view all the files on another PC so its still working. For giggles i decided to try to reinstall via DVD and the NUC sees the DVD player but will not see it as a bootable devise.

Went in and disabled secure boot as i found a few posts on this. I also backed all the way back to 0042 with the same results. The old version was a 2017 version.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

jsiko, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. Just to let you know, the BIOS updates are done or are recommended when there is a problem with the NUC, if there are no problems with the unit then the BIOS update is not needed. What is the model of the HDD/SSD/NVMe that you are using as a bootable device? Did you try to disconnect it and reconnect it just to make sure that cable is not loose? Just to confirm, you mentioned that the device is showing in the BIOS under boot devices, correct? There is a newer BIOS version available in our web site, it is version 0047, please try to install it using the F7 method: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005850/mini-pcs.html https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28462/BIOS-Update-JYGLKCPX-86A-?product=126135 Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

jsiko, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

jsiko, Is there anything else we can help you with? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos